Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new member here to the forum! I've been browsing for a couple weeks now and finally made an account. My name is Chase and I'm an owner of a silver 2005 Chrysler 300C. After doing a little research and browsing on here, I'm definitely interested in making a couple modifications and changes. First off, looking to get some new rims and tires.

I've had my sights set on the 20"x9 SRT8 replica wheels in gloss black from Factory Reproductions. I love the look of those wheels and have pretty much been sold on those from the get go. After browsing and reading a lot here, it sounds like I'll have no issue mounting those on the 300C model concerning the lug pattern and offset and everything, correct?

Now onto the tire sizes. I've been reading through a lot of threads and getting ideas of what people are doing to their rides. My 2005 is stock at the moment, and I really have no near future plans of lowering it or anything yet. Also, it's my daily driver and I'm not planning on racing it or doing any track days, just strictly as my personal usage car. I'd like to have the ability to rotate the tires and I'm not particularly focused on staggering between the fronts and rears. Given this, I've narrowed down to 255/45 R20 all around as my likely choice for tire size. Is this combination of the 20x9 SRT8 replica wheel and 255/45 going to work for the 300C? Are spacers or anything needed? I just want to be sure that it's going to clear everything no problem.

I've heard good reviews for the Toyo Proxes 4 plus, BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2, and Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110. All these seem to be relatively similar in review and should do the job. I'm looking for a strictly spring/summer tire and I'll likely be buying some winter tires for the current wheels (stock factory chrome 18") down the road before next winter.

Thanks a lot and I really appreciate any feedback and I'm happy to be a part of this community now!

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
The 20 x 9's will work. Just make sure Factory Reproductions know you are putting them on a C and not an SRT8 and there will be no problems.

255/45 or 245/45 will work just fine on those rims and as long as you do that ^^^^, no rubbing or fitment issues will arise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So a quick update here and I also have another question regarding wheels.

I found a nice set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports from a guy selling here in MN, went and picked them up for a killer price (not brand new but in really good shape still). They're 255/45/20 in the rear and 245/45/20 in the front so I will have a slightly staggered setup once I get wheels for them. From the research I've done I believe this is the tire size combination that came with all factory SRT8 300s in 2005.

Now my problem is I've been waiting for Factory Reproductions to get the 20" replica SRT8 wheels in gloss black back in stock, but they can't give an answer on when that will be. I'm getting real antsy and want to get these babies on already!

Watching eBay a lot and I found a seller (Twin City Wheel, or wheelcitymn) that has two sets of 20" replica SRT8 300 wheels in gloss black, however they're manufactured by OE Performance. Did some research on them and I'm getting overall pretty positive ratings about their wheels. Have any of you had or heard anything about OE Performance wheels?

The other question I have is, the OE Performance replica wheels list the offset as 25.55 (which might be the same as the OEM factory SRT wheels, maybe?), whereas the Factory Reproductions list their offset as 18. Does this mean I will need the 3mm hub centric spacers if I go with the OE Performance wheels?

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Can't help you with the other wheel maker but I can tell you that I just went through almost 1 month of waiting time with Factory Reproduction Wheels for my 20" Viper chrome wheels...

Getting mine installed tomorrow, hopefully everything is OK. I haven't heard allot of bad reviews so it could be just a one off.

Back to your ride do you have anything else blacked out? Window tint as well as some other smaller mods would look really great with those rims.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really would like to go with Factory Reproductions if possible but I have no idea how long or even if they are going to be getting the 20" in gloss black back in stock. Already have been waiting for almost two months now since I initially called them about it and all they said is they will contact me when and if they get them. I don't particularly want to wait all summer just to get them.

The ones I'm looking at on eBay are shipped from here in MN and there are two sets available in gloss black, both auctions ending in about four and a half hours. I would really like to see them in person but haven't heard back from the seller (messaged multiple times and also called and left a voice message). I'd hate to pass them up and see them disappear so I might pull the trigger on getting these ones now. If they don't work or I don't like them I could always return before fully mounting them.

I did just get my windows tinted this past weekend so that would accent very well with the black wheels. Did 50% on the sides and 35% on the back window. I wanted to keep the sides close to legal, here in MN the law requires 50% on cars +/- 3%, and I know they do enforce it because I've had multiple friends get ticketed for tint. Kind of upsetting they are so serious concerning tint because I would've loved doing 35% all around.

Been also reading up about headlight and fog mods and might black out the headlight housings down the road and swap in an HID kit. Ultimately I'd love to do some halos on the fogs or even the headlamps but for now I'll stick with doing an HID conversion.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Hmmmm have you considered Ace Alloy Executives in black? I wanted some but living in Montreal I would have paid too much shipping and eventually fell in love with the vipers. They have a similar style to the SRT rims.

Love the tint, post some shots of your ride. You might want to black out your side markers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those Ace Alloy wheels are real nice! I pulled the trigger on the replicas in gloss black, hopefully be able to pick them up in the next day or two. Also have the 3mm spacers on the way so I'll be able to slap them on right away.

I'll get some shots up as soon as the new rubber is on!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Ok great =)

Look forward to seeing them!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I ended up picking up the SRT replicas made by OE Performance off of eBay. A local vendor from here in MN had them, went and picked them up and slapped everything together this past week. Grabbed a couple shots the last couple days from different locations. I'm very happy with how they look and I'm loving the grip and responsiveness of the Pilot Super Sports, these babies are STICKY.

Also I wanted to thank you all for the help and advice, I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to making some more changes soon!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Looking good!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts