Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to notice wear on my stock pads and rotors and since they have never worked that well with my heavier 22" wheels, I am thinking of just tearing the whole setup out and starting fresh. Can anyone make suggestions? Brembo's are out of the question, I don't have that kind of cash on hand.

I am thinking of some sort of slotted rotor paired with the Hawk HPS pads. Does brand really matter when it comes to slotted rotors? Also your thoughts on slotted vs drilled vs slotted & drilled rotors. My local guys quoted me some EBC rotors that appear to be slotted and drilled and appear to be a decent option...please educate me!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I would like to know also...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Theres the powerslots wich are slotted and the r1concepts wich are slotted and drilled. Now i remember reading somewhere that you should either get slotted or drilled and not a combination of the two but many lx'ers have installed the r1's and are very happy with them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Guys, slight change now. I decided to test the waters of having my existing rotors turned, and then going to try the aftermarket pad with that combination (for $100 I couldn't resist). Any info on how well the aftermarket pads work with OEM rotors freshly trued? Also insight as to preference on Hawk HPS vs Hawk Ceramic, vs Posi Quiet.

People are telling me the Hawk stuff is pretty squeeky, however is that just the case if they are not seated correctly?

If all fails, I figure I can go ahead and change the rotors if I don't like the setup.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My research has found that ceramic pads are the ones to use with cross drilled and slotted rotars. A lot of Corvette owners are upgrading to this setup locally.

·
Registered
134 Posts
IMO... for performance pads, ceramic is not the way to go. They have very mediocre braking performance. However they do have a lighter color brake dust so it is not as visable on the wheel. This is a big reason for having ceramic in the brake compound.

For the best all around performance, I would say Mintex has the best pad on the market and Porterfield would be my recomendation for great performance and not as much dust.

Check out Brake Pros : World Class Performance Braking Systems for more info. These guys are who I get my brakes from.

·
Banned
775 Posts
well just so you guys know, i just bought all 4 rotors and all pads from ebc, and with my 22' wheels , I LOVE THEM! not alot of brake dust and no more noise from the factory mopar pads. i have had them on my car for 1 week , again, i think its the best way to go. i will take some pics for you guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts