Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 06' 300 Touring with 23k miles. I change my oil per 3k-5k
I do have a 500 pure watt amp pounding my Alternator. which i thikn is causing the power slung.

The problems i got are minor but there are plenty.

1. Handbrakes (most left pedal) are super weak. My car would roll down the hill on neutral without a problem on max pressure.There are no hold at all. Never depended on them.

2. A/C plugin on middle console doesn't work.

3. Alot of electric and motor spower lost when braking and driving.

4. I think it might time to change the brakes, but there is no squeal.
While driving down the road i would hear the brake pads tapping on my rotor. when i slightly press on the brakes, the noise would go away.Im not sure if that is right.

Anyone has experience these problems or suggestions before i got to the dealership?

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Sounds to me some if not all of your electrical problems are due to your alternator not being able to keep up the the increased demand. I think you mean the 12 volt DC outlet, not AC. Whether that's related or simply a blown fuse remains to be seen.

As for the handbrake, you probably need it adjusted. Going by your user name I'm assuming you have 22's, maybe even 24's with the "+2" in your name, but who knows.

With that in mind, you should know that those wheels are VERY hard on braking and suspension components due to their unsprung weight and rolling mass. I think that's the root of your braking problems right there.

Bernie

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro. Im goign to change the brakes today to see if that will take out the knocking noise and i just replace the fuse for the DC plug, it works fine now. I have no idea how to adjust the handbrake going to let the dealership take care of it.

Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts