Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the Eagle F-1s i got with the SRT 8 leave alot to be desired. I will not have goodyears again. 12k miles i had severe tire separation on one of the front treads. I realize there can always be defective tires but at the price they charge for them they should be better quality. Anyway, it seems somehow almost all the the tread on the rear tires is gone (not sure how that could possibly happen).

Here is my question for SRT 8 owners. What kind of tires did you choose and why? I live in the Seattle area so that has to come into play. I have been looking at the Toyo F-4's which seem like good bang for the buck. Especially if I am going to get less than 20K miles per set.

Any advice and links would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ok so the Eagle F-1s i got with the SRT 8 leave alot to be desired. I will not have goodyears again. 12k miles i had severe tire separation on one of the front treads. I realize there can always be defective tires but at the price they charge for them they should be better quality. Anyway, it seems somehow almost all the the tread on the rear tires is gone (not sure how that could possibly happen).

Here is my question for SRT 8 owners. What kind of tires did you choose and why? I live in the Seattle area so that has to come into play. I have been looking at the Toyo F-4's which seem like good bang for the buck. Especially if I am going to get less than 20K miles per set.

Any advice and links would be greatly appreciated.

VERY subjective topic bro'...tires, and their claimed performance, are best discussed amounst guys that ACTUALLY have run on a specific tire, and hence are giving advice from personal knowledge.

It usually comes down to bang for the buck for most, and the variety of sizes per maker, offered for our car. You'll have guys on here that will tell you a myriad of different tires to buy, in the end, choose what you like after reseraching the tires, and talking to whomever you can that has, or has had, said tire.

I just bought new 3-piece wheels, and after extensive research decided to get the Nitto INVO tires, and I have zero regret in doing so (at least now since they're not on the car :cool: )

Lots of guys with our cars buy Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tires, BF Goodrich G-force KDW2 and more...tough question, i'd pick about 3 and do your due dilligence perusing forums for guys that run that tire, and their thoughts of it. In the end, i'm sure you'll choose wisely :biggrin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think those are the ones i want. Thanks for the help!

Toyo proxes 4's are the way to go!Smooth ride,like you put on new shocks,better wet traction and not so bad in the snow.I went with 275/40 all around so you can rotate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts