Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'i have 2012 300C and i need to replace the power rear sunshade. I found very little post about this in the forum but i couldn't figure out how to open the said covers on C parallel. I snapped out the yellow pins (2 where there) but the cover still attached. I tried to look behind the cover what holding it but couldn't see it. I can see there's air bags in there. Im afraid if i put mor force i might break the cover.

Help please ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi,

What fault finding did you do to figure out you need a new sunshade? Have you tested the entire circuit? (Relays, fuses, wiring, drive motors?)

Before rooting around near airbags I would be swapping relays and fuses with known working ones.

If you get a fuse popping open, that’s an indication that a wire has shorted to ground, possibly pinched somewhere.

What steps did you take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know it's not something electric but mechanic. this guy in his post described the exact problem i'm having. plus, i already bought the sunshade so now i need to replace it.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so far this is the best what i found and yet i can't figure out how to remove the side C pillar panel.

they mentioned "tether clips" that need to be released!
the only thing i can see from the small gap after snapping out the yellow pins is the airbag.

·
Registered
89 Posts
so far this is the best what i found and yet i can't figure out how to remove the side C pillar panel.

they mentioned "tether clips" that need to be released!

the only thing i can see from the small gap after snapping out the yellow pins is the airbag.

Usually (based on 7 years car electronics) anything yellow means airbag (in other words, caution)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mine stopped working as well about a year ago (got stuck trying to retreat back down). The dealer replaced it...and it seemed to take them awhile. Hopefully works out for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks Torian i managed to replace it by myself and i post it here. i finished it in one day and going slowly because i didn't know what i'm doing. if i have to do it all over again i don't think it will take more than couple of hours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts