Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I would like to be able to temporarily turn off the alarm when we go shopping and we have the dog in the car. With the blacked out windows people can't see the dog and it causes a fair amount of amusement/irritation when the alarm goes off.
I did read something about pressing the button on the remote 3 times, but it does not seem to work.
Am I the only one with this problem??

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Your not alone. I have the same problem. My Grand Cherokee would disable the internal sensors with 3 presses of the fob but my 300c won't. I'm forced to leave it unlocked. The last thing I want is for some thieving scroat to open it up and let loose, or worse still, steal my 3 GSD's. Hopefully, someone on here can advise how to disable the internal sensors.
Rgds Doug L

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,734 Posts
According to the Manual, the alarm will not be set if the doors are locked using the door plungers. Maybe the Manual is also wrong on that one?

If you do try the remote method, the key must be pressed within 15 secs of arming the system and while the alarm indicator light is flashing rapidly.

However, I haven't tested either of these methods.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You could just unplug the interior alarm sensor above the mirror. Alarm still functions.

Reactions: Sonsarus Amaryllus

·
Registered
90 Posts
ok i have a dog and the only way to disable the alarm is to close the doors and make the indicators flash 4 or 5 times ,so that 4 or 5 presses on the key fob ,it works but not allways the first atemp ,other than that put blue tack in the 2 sensors should stop it going off

·
Registered
88 Posts
Absolutely no problem with mine (unless of course I forget to do it).
Lock car normally on the plip then press the lock button three more times. Watch the indicator flashes to make sure each press is registered. Dogs can then have a party in there without annoying the neighbours... ::laugh::

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your comments...

Well, had a quick try today.

Put dog in car and pressed the remote once to lock the car and then a further 4 times (making sure the indicators flashed each time). Seemed to work, but not sure since I tried it with the car in our drive and the dog may not have moved about that much.

Will try again when we go out and report back. So, watch this space...

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Wasn't it press it 3 more times after you lock it not 4

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hope he has privacy glass. Would love to know what the neighbours think is going on!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Following devilmaycare's suggestion, I have tried and it seems to be working.

So, again... Lock the car as usual with the remote and then press the same button a further 4-5 times, making sure the indicators flash each time. The internal alarm should be now be disabled.

Thanks to everyone!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just to clarify, I haven't read page 2,
Its lock the car and 5 presses of the lock button on the fob, within 15 seconds.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Seems odd that you need so many presses. I follow the instructions on p16 of my hand book, which states...

"The ultrasonic Intrusion sensor (motion detector) actively monitors your vehicle every time you arm the security system. If you prefer, you can turn OFF the ultrasonic intrusion sensor when arming the security system. To do so, press the LOCK button on the RKE transmitter three times within 15 seconds of arming the system (while the Vehicle Alarm Indicator Light is flashing rapidly)"

.. after locking and arming the security system with one key press, I do three more and it works every time.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
I thought it was "knock three times" on the ceiling if you want me.... twice on the pipes, if the answer is no....o...o...o....."

LOL

Reactions: Sonsarus Amaryllus

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thought that was the front suspension lol.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The drivers handbook states.....

Lock with the fob and press 3 (three) more times within 15 seconds.
Works EVERY time for me.

I often have to look this up in the book to refresh my memory as i rarely leave the dogs in the car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts