Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 0-60 time: 5.34sec. I now have a K&N CAI. My old time was 5.60sec all stock. Now I need TB spacer and exhaust I guess and maybe a tune. I now, I now, the EVIC is not as acc as a speed gun...so I will to wait until make up day for SRT Shoot-out to get a really go record.
Attached Images

·
Registered
534 Posts
You don't need a TB spacer. Its absolutely pointless when the intake manifold is plastic. You're gonna insulate plastic with plastic? Whats the point?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don't need a TB spacer. Its absolutely pointless when the intake manifold is plastic. You're gonna insulate plastic with plastic? Whats the point?
CAI is plastic but TB spacer, throttle body, and Manifold is metal. TB spacer go between the manifold and throttle body...right?

·
Registered
534 Posts
5.7 Intake Manifold isn't metal. Take the cover off and knock on it. Its a composite plastic, just like the spacers. The 6.1 has a metal manifold, aluminum, I think.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5.7 Intake Manifold isn't metal. Take the cover off and knock on it. Its a composite plastic, just like the spacers. The 6.1 has a metal manifold, aluminum, I think.
i will check it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nice 0-60 time .... 5.7 intake manifold is plastic ...

Knock knock ... who's there? ..... a bunch of plastic .... lol

·
Registered
534 Posts
Most V8s these days have plastic manifolds. In addition to the 5.7 Hemi, the GM LS motors, the Caddy Northstar, BMW V8s and Ford modular motors also use plastic manifolds. I'm sure there are others as well.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Great time. My best was a 5.50. Then I changed from the 91 CAI tune to the 93 CAI tune with E85 and 91 gas and ran a 5.0

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'm hoping for sub 4.0 after the heads, cam, headers and the 100 shot are complete.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
so far with heads, cam and headers the best for me was 4.46. On the spray there was too much wheel spin on street tires. Time for DR.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Hey, Pimp how long have you been running E-85? Good to hear. Any problems? I have our local CMR tune people doing a custom program on my SRT8 this afternoon for E-85. We can buy that stuff for $2.78/gal here!

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
One of our UK members has achieved 0-60 in 5.12 from his diesel 300C, I've yet to test mine since having the power increased to 275 BHP/660Nm Torque.

Stef

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
These are not accurate but I will post anyway

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Mike, I think you're confusing Throttle Body spacer with Intake manifold spacers. Throttle Body spacers are fish oil regardless. Intake manifold spacers will show result on a 6.1 because the intake manifold is made of aluminum. On the 5.7 it will be pointless because it intake manifold is plastic and doesn't suffer from heatsoak.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts