Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new Nav Unit. I have the 2006 Model 300, but my CD/cd changer stopped working. I took it to the dealer and it seems parts and labor is going to run me $300. I did a quick search on eBay and noticed not only is the New version of the nav cheaper, but it is touch screen AND it has a built in HD. ....then i saw that it only fits 07/08. Has anyone been able to get it into their 05/06 are there any special bezels mounts needed to accomplish this? Has this been discussed before?

·
Registered
57 Posts
It does not work with our pre 2008 300's. Well it kind of does but it takes some work and a special custom made harness. It will not work at all if your 300 has a seperate amplifier ie upgraded audio system from chrysler. Also you need to custom make a mount/benzel. It does not match the benzel from the pre 2008. Also be careful but the 2008 comes in different versions with nav unlocked and so on, that is why some are cheaper than others. I may be wrong on this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it actually comes in 4 different versions... One for High speed cars than others. Meaning there is one with a higher bus and one with a lower....the question is CAN you tell which version it is by the model number? From what I have been reading the custom fitting should be no problem jus get the dremel out, but the harness is what im unsure about. Exacly what needs to be repinned or rewired?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts