Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang!

I am new to the forum (obviously) and this Sunday I will be new to a 2007 300 SRT8!!!

I can't wait. I currently have a 2007 300 touring that I am keeping in addition to the SRT.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Welcome to the forums
You will love the new Beast

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,171 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
All you need now is a 300C and you'll have the whole stable of 300 models. :)
Lots of good info and members here. Very informative.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Puerto Rico!!!:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Hi and welcome!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks!

I appreciate the warm welcomes folks but alas it was not meant to be. The dealership is refusing to give me a car fax on the car, increased the price by about $4,000 from what it the tag in the window said, and lied about how the financing was to work out.

So this is a no go for now. BUT looking into another one and should know more next week. Half the miles on the car, 1/3 of the distance to get the car and $4,000 less.

It looks like not getting the first one may be a blessing in disguise.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Wow that sounds like a very shady dealership.

Welcome from a small town in Ohio!

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from London UK :wave:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2006 SRT instead?

So it looks like this weekend I am putting about 3 hours of one way road trip in to look into a 2006 SRT with low miles. Is there anything I should look out for that is particular to these cars? I was kind of confused when looking at the pictures because it doesn't have the navigation head unit or the kicker subwoofer. But CarFAX verified it to be an SRT8. Is not having that equipment unusual? It isn't a big deal; I can just put my own stuff in like I did my 07 touring.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,171 Posts
Both the Kicker Sound System and Navigation were options available for order on the 06 300 SRT8. Neither were standard equipment so it wouldn't be unusual to not have them in a used vehicle.

The only thing I can think of looking out for on your 3 hr trip is the cops sitting in a speed trap! :) Have fun on yer road trip!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Officially an SRT owner!

Well I bought it! An '06 with 37,000 miles on the clock and one previous owner. I picked it up with an 4 year, 48,000 miles extended warranty for $18,000.

This car just wants to GO! Very happy with the decision. Now the pursuit of modifications. First things first is the 180 degree thermostat. It gets INSANELY hot under the hood. I know that extra 24 degrees or so is probably not going to change that a lot but it sure can't hurt!

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Glad to hear it all worked out! Pics when you can :)
Since your going to be doing your thermostat, look into getting a Diablo Sport Tuner (predator, Intune or Trinity), a CAI(stay away from K&N for the SRT8 as it robs a bit of hp), and... ah well just enjoy her!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts