Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this beauty last weekend. Ordered a new mesh grill for it since I don't care for the touring grill.

It's a 2007 Touring with the 3.5. So far I'm totally in love with this car, more than any car I've ever owned. My ONLY complaint is how slow it is. I'm sure the 2.73 gears and 22's have something to do with it, but I really don't see the "high output" or the need for traction control in this car. I didn't buy the car because of it's speed though. I knew it wasn't going to be a race car, I just didn't know it was going to be that slow. :worried:

The rims are 22" Boss motorsports and the tires are Nitto 265/35/22.

I'm open to any suggestions for mods. I've been searching for new parts. I'd really like to add some chrome to the outside, but all of the kits I have found are cheesy "stick-on" parts. Do they make any REAL chrome door handles or mirrors?

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, I figured the 2.7 would be a bit slower. It seems kinda silly to throw such a small motor in a fairly large and heavy RWD car. Oh well, at least we look good going really slow. :drive:

I just took the rear 300 badge off. A bit of alcohol took the sticky crap off pretty fast. I'm pretty upset about the 2 holes in the front bumper from the license palte holder. I can't believe they just screwed it right to the plastic bumper. :cussing:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yea i get smoked by Kia's but look a hell of a lot better than one! Check out my thread i just made showing my ride, its called "It's a base, but I keep it clean!"

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check it out. :fing02:

Just took some new pictures since the only ones I have are from the dealer.

I was curious what speed the gears went to. Looks like I got to 50 in 1st gear, 80 in second, and 3rd will probably hit about 120. I've got 5 gears so I'm thinking my gears are a bit too long for this boat. :ugh: Looks like I could do about 275mph at the end of 5th. :slomo:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You have a very beautiful car. I don't recall someone saying their 3.5 felt sluggish/heavy.

If your purchased this vehicle used, it definitely would have learned the driving memory habits of the former driver.

Regardless, it would not hurt you to pull fuse #11 (engine bay) (fuse #2 for the 2008 model) for a minimum of 15 seconds and then reinsert it so that the car's adaptive memory is reset and will begin to learn your driving style. However, that means you then need to get out and really let her fly or else it will start to once again relearn sluggish driving habits.

Good luck.
bruno

·
Registered
688 Posts
Welcome aboard--There are a few sites that offer "good " chrome accents such as PFYC & Auto Trim Direct Good luck

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome Justin!

Welcome to the forum.

Nice ride!...nice choice of color too (I have the same :) )

Your new machine will look great regardless of speed.

I once owned a '74 Pinto and an '80 4-door hatchback Chevette!!!!

Talk about turtles!

Enjoy the forum....lots of great info here.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Had a v6 Touring and loved it, just could not get the performance I wanted but the mileage was superb. Finally had enough and got my Hemi, it is well worth the extra gas just to have so oomph when needed. I won't go back to the V6 now and I thought I would never say that.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Welcome I also live in AZ with a Silver 300! Check my threads when you have time!

I work for Pedders USA in case you want to get that thing riding a lil closer to earth! LOL

That is the fastest color though of course!

My name is Paul and number is 623 341 9797

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from Scotland. It depends on the roads you are driving on and where you are driving whether a car feels sluggish or not. In the UK we have a mandatory national speed limit of 70mph and a great many speed cameras to enforce it. So my car is a 3 litre diesel and in comparison with most other cars over here it goes like stink. Not only that but with the price of fuel over here (damn our government to hell) it is as economical as you can get for a car of its size.
Cheers John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts