Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my fully loaded black 300C on Wednesday. Had it tinted with SolarGard HP Charcoal 22 and detailed on Thursday. Put the BF Goodrich G-force T/A KDWS, 245/55 R18 tires on the car on Friday. Love the car, love the tint, love the tires.

Couple of quick comments. Very, very impressive stock audio system (Sound Group II). This is the first stock audio system that I am going to leave alone. Far nicer sounding than the Mark Levinson audio system in my wife's Lexus. Tint is perfect with Black. Not at all too dark from the inside looking out. Vacillated on different 18" tires or new 20" wheels and tires. Decided in the end that that the available options at 20" were too few to shell out $2,500 to $3,000 at this point in time. Too the extent a supercharger becomes available and is proven to be fully compatible, I will look at 20" then. As for the KDWS, excellent tire. Particularly, given that they only cost me a little over $400 after getting Discount Tire to give $100 for the Contis.

The KDWS gives you increased grip and control, and, of course, increased road feel. In my test drives, I felt the 300C was a touch too soft and floaty. The KDWS, in my opinion, gives you that perfect balance between comfort and performance.

Regards

P.S. I admire those of you capable of driving moderately throughout the break-in period . . . . :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
300C4ME said:
P.S. I admire those of you capable of driving moderately throughout the break-in period . . . . :D
Break in period? For the tires right? :p

·
Registered
477 Posts
300c tires

300C4ME said:
Picked up my fully loaded black 300C on Wednesday. Had it tinted with SolarGard HP Charcoal 22 and detailed on Thursday. Put the BF Goodrich G-force T/A KDWS, 245/55 R18 tires on the car on Friday. Love the car, love the tint, love the tires.

Couple of quick comments. Very, very impressive stock audio system (Sound Group II). This is the first stock audio system that I am going to leave alone. Far nicer sounding than the Mark Levinson audio system in my wife's Lexus. Tint is perfect with Black. Not at all too dark from the inside looking out. Vacillated on different 18" tires or new 20" wheels and tires. Decided in the end that that the available options at 20" were too few to shell out $2,500 to $3,000 at this point in time. Too the extent a supercharger becomes available and is proven to be fully compatible, I will look at 20" then. As for the KDWS, excellent tire. Particularly, given that they only cost me a little over $400 after getting Discount Tire to give $100 for the Contis.

The KDWS gives you increased grip and control, and, of course, increased road feel. In my test drives, I felt the 300C was a touch too soft and floaty. The KDWS, in my opinion, gives you that perfect balance between comfort and performance.

Regards

i agree, traded my 92 lexus, sc400 for my 300c, and compared to lexus the 300 is a little soft and "floaty". i want new tires also (had firestone, firehawks on lexus and they were the best i have ever had) but i dont want all-season tires since i don't drive in snow and do want a quiet tire on highway. i want max grip in dry and wet conditions.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
300C4ME said:

Regards

I am thinking of a set of these, the reviews at tire rack say excessive noise, what say you?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You do get increased road noise, but not excessive by any means. In return, you get increased grip, control, and road feel. All of which, at least for me, translates into increased driving confidence and . . . fun on the road. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do you have any pics of the BFG's on the C? The 225's are WAAAAAAAY to skinny for this size car(almost looking like spare donut sized tires), just wondered if they looked more appropriate for this size car or if they still seemed a bit skinny.
thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts