Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got these 300C eyelids from the same ebay seller that makes the Magnum eyelids. As with the Magnums these are very well made and very flexible. He makes 2 different styles one for the C and one for the rest. I like these there very low profile but give the look of an eyebrow, very subtle.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Yeah, I got a set but don't like that they are not even from one headlight to the other (one sits lower than the other). The seller is making small adjustments to them to give it a more aggressive look like Scarbs has so I'm gonna be getting a second set with the request of them being more symmetrical AND I get to work on my painting skills again! Hey for $45 shipped you can't beat it (you gotta paint them yourself though).

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
scarbs do you have a pic of the other style of eyelids he has? i just want to compare the 2. or the sellers name and i can check it out. thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Glad you like 'em Eric. Nice color match for DLR, or did you do that?

For me, putting the eyelid on the lens cover of a 300C vs. flowing with the hood overhang is kind of like those guys n gals that let their undies show just a bit.

On the Magnum the hood doesn't overhang the big ol' lens at all, and the eyelid actually helps reduce the magnitude of that giaghugeic piece of plastic and give a more agressive (furrowed brow) appearance.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here's a link
eBay Motors: 300C Chrysler 05 06 07 Eyelids HID Magnum Charger (item 330234836508 end time May-13-08 22:13:13 PDT)

Lee your alive,were you been. Dave is should be getting info on the Rib fest soon.

Tim I had the VIP300 ones and the line between the brow and the hood stood out to much for my taste. These are not a Hemissy hood but there more to my liking then the VIP300.
I painted them my self. They come in black primmer.

On the Hemissy hood I was going to do it but the new hood i just got is fiberglass.:ugh:

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Agreed... the full Hemissy treatment is the way to go if you have the time and skills! I don't. LOL

Great job on the painting DYI!

·
Registered
102 Posts
These look like with slight MOD can be molded in pretty well like the ones for that maggie that he makes. So I will order one to see how close I can get it to match:)

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These look like with slight MOD can be molded in pretty well like the ones for that maggie that he makes. So I will order one to see how close I can get it to match:)
Could you explain what you mean by molded in. Do you mean to the hood or ???

Eric

·
Registered
102 Posts
See the ones on the maggie are even with hood almost factory looking. If I can get these even with the hoodline it would pretty good. Not as good Hemissey artwork but pretty good. VIP are great but they stick alittle and I want mine alittle more flush on the light

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
See the ones on the maggie are even with hood almost factory looking. If I can get these even with the hoodline it would pretty good. Not as good Hemissey artwork but pretty good. VIP are great but they stick alittle and I want mine alittle more flush on the light
You mean like this?

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
See that ride the lines great I wonder how close we can get to the hoodline
Sorry, I don't understanding what you mean again.

The ends of the eyelids go to the point on the fender were the hood and fender meet.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Sorry, I don't understanding what you mean again.

The ends of the eyelids go to the point on the fender were the hood and fender meet.

I think they mean they wish it was more flush to the edge of the hood like the VIP ones that give it the look more like Hemmisseys angry eyes. These lids sit flush to the headlight itself. They are thin enough though that I don't think there is a way to make them sit flush to the hood, with these lids anyway.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What Big is saying is what I mean be having it level with the hood. As for it being thin that great so u can build it up by using fiberglass mat and resin then then coat of ragegold then sanding and it primer and paint

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Not enough for me... those need to be twice that.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Now that what I am talking about... Although they need more of an angle a lil.

Where can you get these?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts