Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short & Sweet I bought my car month and half ago. It had to built and shipped overseas, so it was specially made for me. Well they (Chrysler) hipped it to a place called Wurzburg, of friend mine was shopping, and explained how he fell in love with this Marble blue 300C, and I told him I just ordered a 300c a month ago blue Hemi. He smiled and said that’s your car, I wondered why I wasn’t called but no bigy called my salesman and said no he had no idea. Now the guy- my friend had sat in it, and was showed it from top to bottom but the salesman said that it was sold, as a matter of fact no Hemi’s in Europe are display cars, they have to be ordered. So I knew that had to be mine, know I didn’t put the last Grand until I could touch it and hear and walk around it, well on the travel down to me a hour and half away, the car overheated by how much I don’t know, no one would tell me, (At this time my car was the only one in Europe) I speak fluent German so I called the shop and asked about the car and before they realized who I was had explained the car had overheated. Now a week after I signed for the car a month age the left manifold had to be replaced, and now it’s in the shop again because the right manifold has to be replace, when I received the car it had little over a 100 miles when I took the shop the first time I had put over 4k which was time for the oil change and a warranty once over, when I got it back I put 2 more k for a total of 6k and some change. The car will hold pace speeds of 148-145mph, average cruising speed is 100 and some change here. But what I want to know is can I expect more problems? I am in the process of upgrading my brakes and exhaust. I use to own the 300m but I totaled it in a bad crash. What about my transmission, what should I look for during inspection, change the fluids (transmission), how would I upgrade this part, transmission that is. Any help would be greatly appreciated…
Max

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Congratulations on your new euro C. I am envious that your C does not have the American 126mph speed (enjoyment) limiter.

You need to find out why your car overheated.
If it was due to lack of coolant your engine could be permanently damaged.
See this thread where the coolant leaked out the same day the car was driven off the dealer lot.
http://www.300cforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646&highlight=overheating

In my opinion you should be changing your oil every 3000 miles, especially if you are driving at high speeds (145mph+). You risk voiding your warranty.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Congrats Max, and Welcome :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts