Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking in the forum and coveting a 300C for some time now....

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on both: A got a brand spanking-new '08 300C yesterday (I take delivery on Monday) and I'm officially joining the group.

I hope to have fun with all you other LX platform fans!

(And while I'm getting started, can someone tell me if a K&N filter and intake is a good started mod? I'm eager to get going!)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hey Tony - welcome! Where in NYC are you? An intake is a good first mod, but it will only give you a more aggressive sound, without any measurable performance increase. The only 2 intakes for the 300c proven to provide hp gains are the aFe Stage 2 intake and the Airhammer. Airhammer you have to special order, but the aFe Stage 2 is widely available. Search through the forums for opinions and reviews, there is a ton of info on this topic as well as many other performance mods!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tony - welcome! Where in NYC are you? An intake is a good first mod, but it will only give you a more aggressive sound, without any measurable performance increase. The only 2 intakes for the 300c proven to provide hp gains are the aFe Stage 2 intake and the Airhammer. Airhammer you have to special order, but the aFe Stage 2 is widely available. Search through the forums for opinions and reviews, there is a ton of info on this topic as well as many other performance mods!
Thanks man! I'm in Manhattan presently, but will be making a move to Jerz shortly.

As for the performance mods, I'm less interested in the sound than the fury, if you get my drift! If I wanted aggressive sound, I'd have bought a Charger :biggrin:. Just kidding...Don't wanna offend anyone! :cool:

No, really, I love the refinement that the 300C offers, and I'd like to see what I can do to increase performance, but not at the expense (well, too much) of refinement.

I will be following up on your suggestions regarding the AFE and the Air Hammer. Thank you for your warm welcome, and as my knowledge and experience with my new toy increases, I'm hoping to contribute more to the shared knowledge.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Congrats!
what color did you get?
I'm pretty pleased! She's Brilliant Black Crystal on the exterior and Dark Slate Gray leather on the inside. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from Scotland. You will love your 300C and enjoy your time with us on this forum. Great info and people
Cheers John

·
Registered
688 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Congratulations on your brand new ownership! You have one very beautiful 300C and will love every minute of it.

Welcome to the forums and I'm glad you are no longer a lurker! It only gets better!

bruno

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gentlemen,
Thanks to all for the welcome!! I spent most of Monday afternoon driving my new 300C and I LOVE IT!!!

Now, I've got to read the 500 pages of manuals that came with the beast!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts