Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 300C about 3 weeks now and have put on about 1200 miles. My prior sedan was a 2000 300M. Regarding the 300C, these are my initial observations:

1. Much more car for the money than the 300M. More power, much quieter, much more comfortable. Don't get me wrong the 300M was a good vehicle but the new 300 platform raises this vehicle into an area where other more expensive vehicles reside.

2. Others considered CTS (little small on the interrior and 43k Loaded), E320 50K plus worried about being underpowered. Accura TL - Nice vehicle a little small concerns over problems (check the chat pages).

Now regarding the 300C - I just completed a 600 mile round trip from Chicago to Door County Wisconsin. I must say this is the most comfortable highway cruiser I have ever owned. Very quiet! In terms of power and handling, I feel like I am driving a locomotive on rails. Averaged 24 - 26 MPG with speeds ranging from 70 - 80. My kids love it too (they hated the 300M but like the Jeep). The satelite radio was a savior on the trip. The Nav worked flawlessly. While driving through small towns people stoped in their tracks and watched me drive by. At the gas station a 300M owner walked over and started a conversation with me and said he was planning to get one also. I love this car. Downside to this car - My Corvette has been ignored lately!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Blankster, welcome to the fun-driving club of many! You got GREAT mileage on the trip. Hope the next several months become even more fun for you and yours.

·
Registered
174 Posts
yea, i am having to choose between the 300C and the Acura TL

i have driven both and they both have plusses and minuses. The Acura is behind in power, but the stereo is unbelievable. Folks, that looove this Boston system it is good, but cant hold a candle to the DVD-A sound system that the TL has. and the TL has a nicer and imo a better navigation system the the chrysler. it is voice activated. it is also less expensive when comprably equipped.

The 300 looks better--better and more unique styling...i wish they had a black leather offered, but the leather seems to be a better quality then the TL--which people are having problems with.

i am still leaning toward the 300, added size and better looks, but it sure does look good

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Welcome Blankster, I know what you mean... I've had my C for 4-1/2 months now and haven't driven my 'Vette since! Hubby's talking about trading it for the new C6 for himself and that 400hp might get me interested again ;)

Enjoy the drive!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Blankster - Congrats on the 300C! I've had mine for one week and I couldn't be happier. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Blankster,

Congratulations on your new "C"!!!! I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my Cool Vanilla 300C. Going to trim today and ships tomorrow. Hope to have it by the first week in November, then I can experience the feeling you and many others in this forum are feeling.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Blankster welcome to the club! :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Blankster,
Welcome to the 300/300C Family! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Blankster
Got 8000 km on my fully loaded Magnesium C and loving every minute of it. I hop in the car and just go for drives for no reason!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts