Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys im new here and soon to be a 300C owner. I've ordered a sliver 300C and im trading in my 2003 Escalade EXT. I had a few questions for all the owners of the 300C. I was planning on getting the 300C with out the navi opinion because im plannin to upgrade with aftermarket audio/video. Question is, will a 2 din fit a 300C without the navi opinion? I was planning on getting the Kenwood Excelon 2 din LCD with DVD. I was also planning on adding monitors for the headrest but lookin at the headrest it doesn't seem like you can fit anything over 5.6", does anyone know if vizualogic or anyother company will be coming out with prefitted headrest? My last question is when adding to 22" rims have you guys seen any differences on the engine? And can you put larger wheels like 23's? Thanks and hope to hear some suggestions and comments!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Don't know much about the sound system part of it. I ordered it with the nav II. I don't want to deal with it. You might want to consider the Pioneer unit. My freind just put one in a vette, incredible unit.
As for rims and tires check out the thread 300c's on 22's there's somthing like 20 pic's on there all with 22's. The tire you going to run should be 255/30/22 this keeps everything in line. there will be a wieght difference. As for 23 no dice, if you see the tire for the 22, you'll know. There low pro.and not alot there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
as far as the stereo goes I have learned alot since buying my car. I am planning on putting in the same radio youre talking about, however it will not fit in the opening where the original stereo fits now. What I am doing is Im going to order the dash piece for the 300c with navigation, that has plenty of room for the kenwood you want, and the piece is only about $140. Then you just swap dash pieces and take out the small storage compartment under the ac controls. Also if you install a different radio you have to have the system rewired because it cmes from the factory wired with data cable, so I was told its best to rewire (I dunno that may be a crock of shit) but my guy is really good, and this should take care of the small opening that we have.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
FAME2002 said:
as far as the stereo goes I have learned alot since buying my car. I am planning on putting in the same radio youre talking about, however it will not fit in the opening where the original stereo fits now. What I am doing is Im going to order the dash piece for the 300c with navigation, that has plenty of room for the kenwood you want, and the piece is only about $140. Then you just swap dash pieces and take out the small storage compartment under the ac controls. Also if you install a different radio you have to have the system rewired because it cmes from the factory wired with data cable, so I was told its best to rewire (I dunno that may be a crock of shit) but my guy is really good, and this should take care of the small opening that we have.
The stock stereo is a Double DIN unit. An Aftermarket Double DIN unit or a Single DIN unit will mount fine in the stock Dash piece according to crutchfield. They are selling the faceplates with the kits and also selling an aftermarket wiring harness. The only 'rewiring' that needs to be done, is the Aftermarket head unit ACC lead wired to the fuse box or ignition. One of the drawbacks of having these faceplates installed, is that you still have the knob gaps on the side of the dash piece.

On the other hand, there is currently no adapter for the NAV based Dash piece. You will have to have one fabricated until one is released. Crutchfield said they are expecting this soon. This option will look closer to OEM if done correctly... The G-Unit 300c is setup this way. Stock NAV yanked and replaced with Aftermarket Alpine.

I take delivery of my 300c on saturday. I eventually plan on retrofitting a touch screen LCD to the NAV dash bezel so that I can setup a carputer complete with XM, FM, TV Tuner, DVD, Mp3, DIVX, Carpoint 7 Navigation, and whatever else the mind can think of. I'm thinking I can fit a 8" - 10" touchscreen LCD in there and make it look very OEM. Check out mp3car.com for more info.

If I eventually do get around to going this route, I may start selling the NAV Bezels complete with LCD touchscreens. Any interest in this?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Okay i'm doing the very same thing... 300 w/ out navi, adding the Kenwood Excelon DDX7015 from Crutchfield... I'm going to add the facia piece from the dealer w/ the navi double din opening... Wondering if this is the unit i should get... They said it's a 6.5 opening for the entire face of the unit... Hope some 1 can let me know so i can order the unit soon for my 300... Thanks again...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts