Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Got the 300c (Black, loaded) late last week. Since that time I have noticed an intermittent rough idle. Have others noticed this?

Thanks,
DMT

·
Registered
887 Posts
Let the computers learn, also, it will never be "smooth" - the cam has a little lope to it. There are some other threads with more info, do a search.

·
Registered
378 Posts
DMT,

That rough idle is where all of the power that this car has comes from. Just dream that you're 18 again and at a stoplight in your Hemi Roadrunner. Only this time around you get 25 miles to the gallon. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
teming...trust all of us; the shake turns into throttle "roll" as you get planted firmly into your seat back from the low to the high rpm range. This motor pulls and says "let me know when you have had enough!" OMG...try it on a freeway onramp with a downangle - 5 seconds and you are at 70mph! :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
A little rumble, a little shake is all good. It's all those horses straining to gallop. Sit back and enjoy it.

SWARICK
Satin Jade "C" in Arizona

·
Registered
901 Posts
It's all good temming,
Enjoy you Black Beast, there's alot of it to enjoy :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
05Hemi said:
OMG...try it on a freeway onramp with a downangle - 5 seconds and you are at 70mph! :eek:
Had the same experience on the first test drive - but with my daughter behind the wheel! It was a little scary but I think it's what made me buy the car. :D

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I rarely notice any rumble/rough idle. Sometimes when warming the car up in the morning I will feel a small momentary rumble every 5 seconds or so.
Otherwise the car seems to idle smooth as silk, or else I just don't notice the rumble. Most of the time I barely feel the engine is running when sitting idling at a stop light.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input folks. So far I have enjoyed the car although I am not going to push it until I get at least 600 miles on the motor. The very noticable rough idle at times is a little annoying.

·
Registered
232 Posts
temming, 6 years agao I switched from a mitubishi galant to a 94 Firebird V8 Formula.
It took about a while to get use to it. After a while it will just feel right.

Hope to have my 300c by April! = )

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine idled like a tractor for a couple of seconds on startup every morning for first 1000 miles or so, than the computer got on track and smoothed things out, never does it now.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
james jefferson said:
yesterday changed oil (syntec) for the third time at 4068 miles. i will swear that the C idles quite smoothly.
3 oil changes at that mileage?? With synthetic? Talk about cautious. :)

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
james jefferson said:
AND..i will also swear that after each oil change, i heard my engine say "thank you".
Are you sure you weren't actually hearing the auto parts store saying that??

·
Registered
251 Posts
jeepgrady said:
Now, that is what I would call a real waste of money.
Most of us on this forum are car nuts. Changing the oil often is probably less a waste than exchanging perfectly good wheels and tires or a perfectly good exhaust system for something that makes us feel better about the car. My point is we all do things to make us feel better about our baby (the C) and that is what a good owner is supposed to do.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
pd171 said:
Most of us on this forum are car nuts. Changing the oil often is probably less a waste than exchanging perfectly good wheels and tires or a perfectly good exhaust system for something that makes us feel better about the car. My point is we all do things to make us feel better about our baby (the C) and that is what a good owner is supposed to do.
...while contributing to petroleum wastes, additional plastic bottles and filters in land fills, etc. This frequency of changes, no matter how much a 'car person' one may be, is still a waste on many levels.

·
Registered
378 Posts
jjs said:
...while contributing to petroleum wastes, additional plastic bottles and filters in land fills, etc. This frequency of changes, no matter how much a 'car person' one may be, is still a waste on many levels.
jjs,

You wouldn't be a tree hugger would you<G> :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
mspeasl said:
jjs,

You wouldn't be a tree hugger would you<G> :rolleyes:
I care about nature, animals, etc. but not to the extent I am sure some people around here will take my post. All I am saying is that many changes in that short a period of time is just plain stupid, no matter now you defend it. Kind of like buying a new pair of shoes (of the exact same kind) after each time a pair is worn out of the house. 'Footware enthusiast'?? Still dumb.

:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts