Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Congrats! After couple months paint on the antenna will loose its shine and it will look even better as it blends better with plastic base. BTW, the base looks silver on the picture. Probably a light effect. Reception for remote FM stations will be somewhat worse. Local stations should not be affected. No difference noticed with AM stations. If you have Sirius then you will probably listen more of their programming as sound is so much better.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! After couple months paint on the antenna will loose its shine and it will look even better as it blends better with plastic base. BTW, the base looks silver on the picture. Probably a light effect. Reception for remote FM stations will be somewhat worse. Local stations should not be affected. No difference noticed with AM stations. If you have Sirius then you will probably listen more of their programming as sound is so much better.
The silver is from the flash, the base is flat black and the antenna is gloss. Here is S. FLA might not be too bad with the reception, I will have to see.

·
Registered
359 Posts
How is the reception?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Do you know if this is our radio antenna and satellite radio antenna?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Stupid question, but how do you remove the antenna? I know you should unscrew it, but mine just turns and turns and nothing, doesn't come out, I tried pulling, almost bent the roof and nothing, I don't know!!
I have a Sebring with the exactly same antenna and I just screw and unscrew no problem, but on the 300C no luck, so how did you remove yours? Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stupid question, but how do you remove the antenna? I know you should unscrew it, but mine just turns and turns and nothing, doesn't come out, I tried pulling, almost bent the roof and nothing, I don't know!!
I have a Sebring with the exactly same antenna and I just screw and unscrew no problem, but on the 300C no luck, so how did you remove yours? Thanks!
Maybe the antenna is just spinning without the threaded part. I would say try some vise grip (yes it might destroy the antenna) and grasp the base harder.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just put the new antenna on today, looks different. Not sure if I like it yet. Maybe the long one was growing on me. I had a problem taking it off too. I had to pull and twist and push and twist and tilt and twist to finally get it off. dont give up. it will come off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts