Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my steering wheel badge that had finally started to go... finally added a new badge to my Gen II wing... and have another one ready for the engine cover when I get it painted soon...

Reactions: SubGyro

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
^ agreed. From that little tiny,teeny shot it's hard to see the wing,but what I can see with these feeble old eyes looks good

Reactions: Fisch

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn looks good ,he does great work , but need a pulled away shot of the trunk wing please.
Thanks. Yeah, they are made well - think I've got some more ideas now after seeing them in person. I'll get a better pic for ya.
^ agreed. From that little tiny,teeny shot it's hard to see the wing,but what I can see with these feeble old eyes looks good
"little tiny teeny"??? hahaa Thanks Bob. Here is another that I took at the same time - a bit further back, but I'll get some better ones soon. Car club is having a big Meet 'N Eat grillout this Sunday so I've got to clean her up anyways.

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Nice K. Have a great time

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope your feeble old eyes can see from one of these distances, Bob...

Yeah... I'm a smartass. ;)

Reactions: vyper883

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Nice cat! And I like

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
I just bought two of those wings at the dealer yesterday.

One is going on the Premium Mopar aluminum grille that's still sitting in my garage, and the other on the deck lid. I love the updated look! Thanks for the pics Fisch. Now I know what to look forward to.

BTW, what method did you use to remove the old wing from the deck lid?

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Using some fishing line. Slip behind wing tip and use a up/down sawing motion. Approx 2" in on either side are alignment pins. What I do is cut up to that point and then slip a piece of cardboard on loose area. Then slid line back behind pin and continue to next pin. Some Goo-Gone will remove left over adhesive. Before apply new wing wipe area with some alcohol to remove any oils,install wing and and have some more alcohol!

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Using some fishing line. Slip behind wing tip and use a up/down sawing motion. Approx 2" in on either side are alignment pins. What I do is cut up to that point and then slip a piece of cardboard on loose area. Then slid line back behind pin and continue to next pin. Some Goo-Gone will remove left over adhesive. Before apply new wing wipe area with some alcohol to remove any oils,install wing and and have some more alcohol!
Thanks Yamabob.

How about dental floss and 3M adhesive remover, or WD40? I want to apply as little friction as possible, to avoid marring the clearcoat. The cadrboard shim is a great idea! Thanks!

I'm kind of kicking myself, as when I bought the car last year, the 1st gen wing had already been removed by the previous owner. So what did I do? I replaced it last November with..... a new 1st gen wing. :no: DOH!

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Dental floss is too light duty and will keep breaking. Fishing line (cheap at a Wal-Mart) won't mar the paint. The existing VHB holding the wing on is 45 mil-so you are actually cutting thru the foam. I don't like to put WD on my paint as it as petroleum distallates that soften the clear and could haze. Many have used it with no ill effects-but that chance exists.If you go that route-keep it out of the sun. 3M adhesive remover works. One of the things we do here is vehicle wraps. When we remove badging we use the Goo-Gone. We have on stubborn old tape used the spray on adhesive remover as well

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Good to know Yamabob. Thanks.

I've already removed the wing from the Aluminum Mopar grille. I basically slowly pulled it off, and then used a heat gun to soften the remaining 3M adhesive. It practically came off with rubbing my thumbs across it.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice cat! And I like
Watch it, Bob - she bites!
I just bought two of those wings at the dealer yesterday.

One is going on the Premium Mopar aluminum grille that's still sitting in my garage, and the other on the deck lid. I love the updated look! Thanks for the pics Fisch. Now I know what to look forward to.

BTW, what method did you use to remove the old wing from the deck lid?
This thread was actually about the small badge in the middle of the wing... hence, why I was wondering why old eyes Bob wanted a longer shot. :) I added the wing itself awhile ago. And Bob gave you some good info - that's how I did it. Fishing line to the tabs, piece of cardboard on the sides, and fishing line for the middle, then clean with GooGone. One more tip - tape off your current wing before you remove it and it will be much easier to align the new wing since you can't use the alignment posts. Good luck! Show us some pics!

And make sure you get pics from every angle and light setting so that Bob can see it. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got some MORE badges. :) Most of them installed...

Had some new ones made to cover up the visor warning stickers. Also got some more "M" badges made for the wings on my door sills.

And when I was driving recently I noticed that I still have those Boston audio badges near the mirrors - and I don't have any more Boston in the car... so they had to go!

Here are some pics...

And I realized that I never posted what I did with that last badge for the engine cover from my last order, so here it is...

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Looks like I could use the size for the sticker on the shroud...
That was my next problem. also what size plexi glass did you use for the shroud and what did you use to hold it to the shroud...

Sent from my junk Droid 2 Global

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts