Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I finally did it and got the black SRT-8 that I have wanted for a while. It has no options -- it would be nice to have a sunroof and the side airbags but it's a small market with only a few specific SRT-8's available. The rest of the options I don't think I will miss. We seldom use the nav on our MB ML430 anyway.

The dealership let me test drive the SRT-8 and I went out for a mile ... no problems, it felt just like a Mercedes. So I turned around, we did the paperwork and we (my wife and 2 kids were with me) got outta there and drove back home 150 miles in separate cars.

It is a very very nice car. It's a Merc with a big block. Ooh what a nice car! Of course I had to follow manufacturer's breakin instructions and give it short bursts of WOT! I did that 6 - 8 times altogether during the ride home, 3 - 5 seconds each time from cruising speed. Wow what a different personality, what a growl! And the motor is spinning nicer already.

So far I didn't hear any squealing from the brakes. And it rained the last part of the way home so I wouldn't know if there was excessive brake dust.

We spent $1400 at the dealer for a warranty extension out to 7 years / 70000 miles plus some towing coverage. We plan to use this car extensively.

I'll write more as I drive it and post a picture of the car when I get around to taking it. It feels good to have my own beast to talk about now!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congratulations !!
What a great car to start off the year ^_^
I hope you enjoy driving it as much as I enjoy staring at it :p (if not 1000x more)

·
Registered
28 Posts
very nice , pics? post them up man

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Congrats arti! I saw your post in the SRT8 Registry and was wondering if you'd start a thread...

Happy New Year :biggrin: Happy New Car :biggrin:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Congrats and best of luck!

I don't plan to get the nav. option either. I've pretty much been everywhere I go.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan SS2471 said:
Congrats and best of luck!

I don't plan to get the nav. option either. I've pretty much been everywhere I go.
For the most part that's true for me too. I plan to use this car for things like family trips as well, but I didn't get lost before there was onboard nav. I used to like to just drive and see where I ended up -- I guess those days are over, because the world is very flat now and completely mapped. Call me primitive ...

That black car sure looks nice. I'm still getting used to the wheel size. It does look good on the car, the proportion is right, but it's so much bigger than other wheels I see. Do the big wheels have a functional purpose, or is it just a fashion statement? Do they work better than smaller wheels at very high speed?

·
Registered
593 Posts
nope...big wheels are actually a bad thing, except that they allow for big brakes!

I, too, refuse to pay $2000 for a GPS. I wish the satelite radio wasn't bundled with it, I woulda loved to get that...oh, well...

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
Nice to have you join us! CONGRATS on the BB SRT8.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congrats artichoke... I picked up a black fully loaded one yesterday also.

Let the mods begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
rtr0id said:

And congratulations in return, rtr0id !!

I'm pretty happy with it stock. I think I will only do a thermostat, and no big hurry on that because it is pretty cold here during the winter.

But who knows, maybe I'll catch "mod fever" like so many of you here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lots of new kids

Hey cool. A bunch of new SRTs. I just got mine today. Sorry about the cold. It was 72 in sothern New Mexcio.:silly:

I think Chrysler has stepped up production. I found 14 on ebay and most weren't getting a single bid. Glad I found mine close.

Guess I'll park the eXcursion for a while....

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
rtr0id said:

Congrats to you too rtr0id, now get out there and start your own thread and show off with some pics!! :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts