Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone seen the new (well new to me) Chrysler 300 Commercial? If I didn't have my wonderful blue whale before that commercial, I don't think I would have bought one. That commercial had nothing to do with the vehicle itself. It had everything to do with how to trick, pimp, slam, etc. a 300. Not once did it mention the elegance, performance, etc. of the vehicle in it's natural showroom form. I'm all for personalizing a car to the individual's liking.....................hey, your car, your money. I think they dropped the ball on that commercial because it really didn't show the true 300. I had to go outside and hug my whale because of the stereotype I feel that commercial portrays the 300 to be. I don't know, maybe I'm getting too old and my depends needs to be changed.:biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
I take it it's for either the 08 or 09? I haven't seen a Chrysler commercial period in ages

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I take it it's for either the 08 or 09? I haven't seen a Chrysler commercial period in ages

Yes it was. I was watching the Saints/Cardinals game on ESPN last night and it came on twice. They also had a commercial for the Chrysler Town and Country and I really liked that commercial because it talked about all the great family features it had and showed a large family (number of members, not waist size:biggrin: )and the room it had to suit their needs.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
You wouldn't be talking about the one with the female wrester in it would you?

Bernie

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Hell,I started watching that game,but turned it off after that NO opening drive,figuring pre-season or not-looks the the same old Cardinals. I'm a Birds fan-but not that on

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You wouldn't be talking about the one with the female wrester in it would you?

Bernie

I don't think so. This commercial showed 4 individuals standing next to their heavily modified 300s (appearance wise) and I didn't get why they were showing this instead of the actual car they sell at the dealership. It's like having a Dodge Ram commercial but instead of showing what the vehicle has and what it can do, they would show several trucks with tons of chrome and 40" lift kits on them sporting "Bigfoot size" tires. My perception of the commercial was "Buy a 300 and this is how you can pimp it out" instead of heres all the features the 300 has and the performance it has under the hood and the spacious room it has for it's passengers and the elegant classy looks of it's design.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Yeah, after reading the other posts I knew I was wrong. Chrysler seems to have a history of these types of commercials that stereotype a specific segment of the market. When it comes to the 300, its appeal spans such a broad spectrum of the population.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
yeah , thats the one a bunch of members from the forums were in , the lwb black 300c with black 24" i did was in it as well. i think they are going to be shooting another one.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah , thats the one a bunch of members from the forums were in , the lwb black 300c with black 24" i did was in it as well. i think they are going to be shooting another one.

You know TommyZ, it's companies like yours that give these people the opportunity to make their 300 "special" to them.....like incorporating a part of their personality into their car which I think is great. I just thought the commercial should have put more focus on the stock 300 features instead of what endless possiblities you have with aftermarket products. But I guess in your eyes, it's a plus that Chrysler is advertising your businesses for free.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Are you sure these weren't some of the finalists from the "Spin It Your Way" commercial contest??

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Are you sure these weren't some of the finalists from the "Spin It Your Way" commercial contest??
That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure now.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I believe that's exactly what was being shown because I saw them myself on ESPN near the end of the 2007-08 football season.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yep, it was the lead up to the Spin It Your Way contest.

Bernie

Then that's ok (yeah, like Chrysler cares what I think) :D. They were just plugging the Spin It Your Way contest and not just a random Chrysler Commercial. I liked all the cars except the one with the "Lime Green" on it. That's a little bit too "Here I Am" for me. I loved the paintjob the lady's 300 had. Very retro/vintage.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Tommy, I heard that LWB was equipped with a fridge stocked full of CHOCODILES (chocolate covered twinkies...for those who are not in the know). Is there any truth to that.

Again TZ, thanks for sharing. THEY WERE AWESOME! Cathy (my girlfriend) still talks about how great you guys all were.

Aaron aka Shoeboy"."

·
Registered
597 Posts
ya I saw the commercial a month or 2 ago and i loved it. watching tv then all of a sudden it came on and i was like ive seen all these cars before.

Then I remembered it was from voting on those videos in the contest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts