Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AUTOMOTIVE NEWS FROM AUTOWEEK
Date: 6/14/05

The 300 sedan has put a spring in Chrysler's step. Flush with that success, what's next for the brand? Insiders say the Dodge Durango is getting a crash course in luxury to create another Chrysler SUV.

Peter DeLorenzo, editor of the autoextremist.com Web site and a past consultant for the Chrysler group, even drops the hint that the truck might carry the Newport nameplate, a blast from Chrysler's past.

The Chrysler SUV is said to be scheduled to reach showrooms next summer. We could get a look at it at the Detroit auto show in January.

FYI

Zilla

·
Registered
528 Posts
300C Durango

goddardzilla said:
AUTOMOTIVE NEWS FROM AUTOWEEK
Date: 6/14/05

The 300 sedan has put a spring in Chrysler's step. Flush with that success, what's next for the brand? Insiders say the Dodge Durango is getting a crash course in luxury to create another Chrysler SUV.

Peter DeLorenzo, editor of the autoextremist.com Web site and a past consultant for the Chrysler group, even drops the hint that the truck might carry the Newport nameplate, a blast from Chrysler's past.

The Chrysler SUV is said to be scheduled to reach showrooms next summer. We could get a look at it at the Detroit auto show in January.
Why wait?
Here's it is.... :silly:

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Redman said:
Why wait?
Sorry piccy would not display it's stuck in my computer's BS filter :18:

- nice piccy tho' Rman, let's see some more of your concepts I'm beginning to miss them

Zilla

·
Registered
375 Posts
Redman said:
Why wait?

Booooring! Durango is already quite distinctively looking SUV. Why would they need to do 300C replica in SUV form? My guess is this would be too much and lack uniqueness.

·
Registered
323 Posts
How did I know that Redman would have one of his PICS. As a matter of fact I was starting to think he wrote the article. We haven't seen any Redman press releases lately...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Redman...you always amaze me....where do you get this stuff?!....BTW, this new SUV looks like a crossbreed of my Yukon Denali and 300....I don't know if I like it or not....

·
Registered
362 Posts
Redman, you are truely an interesting presence on this forum.
But gotta love it, like it or not

I want to see the man behind the curtain, 'cause you mind as well be Donald Rumesfeld if you ask me. lol
Half the time I dont know whether to take you seriously or not........

As far as your 300SUV goes.........It looks like a 300C on steroids, but I wouldnt mind having a matching black one in my driveway to tow my soon-to-be-boat! :silly:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man that Redman dude's clever

jcsganga34 said:
How did I know that Redman would have one of his PICS. As a matter of fact I was starting to think he wrote the article. We haven't seen any Redman press releases lately...
Of course I am his disinformation agent ........ not

He's also constructed this website that the original information came from and redirected all our traffic to it. :silly:

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102566

I put the link because as there are Redmanisms* (that's isms with an S Redman) being cast against the legitimacy of the news

Zilla

*Redmanism = Forum speak for disinformation

·
Registered
323 Posts
Goddardzilla, I knew the article was real, I just knew that Redman would have one of his pictures ready. To us old cats on the forum, you always have to be on the lookout for one of his "press releases". The article is legit, the picture, a Redman original.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
jcsganga34 said:
Goddardzilla, I knew the article was real, I just knew that Redman would have one of his pictures ready. To us old cats on the forum, you always have to be on the lookout for one of his "press releases". The article is legit, the picture, a Redman original.
Yes I thought you knew, but your post gave me an opportunity to go National Enquirer on Redman

but wait Redman is the National Enquirer :silly: Seen any Aliens lately Redman?

Zilla

·
Registered
528 Posts
Redhots, redhotz,...

..., get your redhots!
Here's an old favorite - the Daimler-Hummer 300H SUV!!
:wave:

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Now a Daimler-Hummer 300H SUV!! That's Hot! Redman! Add the 6.1L hemi and you would have a beast offroad!

·
Registered
323 Posts
goddardzilla said:
Yes I thought you knew, but your post gave me an opportunity to go National Enquirer on Redman

but wait Redman is the National Enquirer :silly: Seen any Aliens lately Redman?

Zilla
ROTFLMAO, you guys are too much :friday:

·
Banned
223 Posts
Cant wait to see more if not real pics of this thing. I was telling my girl acouple of months ago that Chrysler should put out a large suv/truck. I wish i knew how to photoshop as i would've created my own lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts