Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
That is awesome hp. I did not think it would have that much. I thought it might be about 800 hp. Be great to have one of these. probably cost a bomb in Australia.

·
Administrator
19,566 Posts
April fools?
Being a slight skeptic, I am thinking the same thing.

757 HP - a 50 HP increase over the stock Hellcat, is not an insubstantial increase.

I'm not totally buying into the 909HP but we can hope, right? ::biggrin::

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was released the day before April fools

·
Registered
21 Posts
Being a slight skeptic, I am thinking the same thing.

757 HP - a 50 HP increase over the stock Hellcat, is not an insubstantial increase.

I'm not totally buying into the 909HP but we can hope, right? ::biggrin::
840 hp with race fuel..... I was hoping for more as well...I think we're getting spoiled by the recent hp wars...LOL

·
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the official video at the unveiling he mentions 840 but doesn't mention what fuel that is

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Doesn't matter... They are sandbagging the number either way. It takes more than 840hp on any octane to pull out a [email protected] with the curb weight... Even leaning on a transbrake and with the fancy intercooler.

Be interested to see a consumer version on the dyno... However truthfully hp is just a bragging number... It's how it lays it down that's key. The 1/4 mile time is what's impressive to me. Hell it took a lot of time, money and patience to get my ride down the track at 11.4... That's 2 seconds faster... Color me impressed!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Is that 840 at the wheels? Because I was led to believe the 909 was a crankshaft number as they usually put out there. If so, is 840 on the dyno really that out of line?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
If it's at the rear wheels then it would be more like 1040hp at the crank as the LX/LC vehicles usually lose 18% through drivetrain loss...

With 840rwhp it would get the 9.65 done...

·
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still runs under 10 in standard conditions. Here's an extract when they were asking Tim questions.

On performance on street gas, without Demon Crate upgrades: "If you drive this off the showroom floor, don't cool it down, run pump gas, drive it to the track, and just roll up to the starting line and go, the car runs 9.96 at 136 [mph]. It's still banned by the NHRA. It still puts out 808 horsepower. And it still pulls the front end. It still does a wheelie."

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,907 Posts
Apparently at the time it didn't meet or have the appropriate safety features like roll cage due to the large amounts of power it made and track rules. Also they're only making 3000 of them and if you wanted the option of a rear seat (who would anyway), it would only cost just a dollar as an optional extra. I suspect Dodge should address the safety requirements like roll cage (carbon fibre perhaps?). Its expected to go in production this summer, so we should learn more about its retail price?

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
Doesn't matter... They are sandbagging the number either way. It takes more than 840hp on any octane to pull out a [email protected] with the curb weight... Even leaning on a transbrake and with the fancy intercooler.

Be interested to see a consumer version on the dyno... However truthfully hp is just a bragging number... It's how it lays it down that's key. The 1/4 mile time is what's impressive to me. Hell it took a lot of time, money and patience to get my ride down the track at 11.4... That's 2 seconds faster... Color me impressed!

Here you go. Makes sense, it's easy to forget that it's not just horsepower

https://youtu.be/93MuL4lRrO8

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Here you go. Makes sense, it's easy to forget that it's not just horsepower

https://youtu.be/93MuL4lRrO8

Oh I know bud... Trust me... Through gearing, suspension and rubber I took a cam only 5.7 to 12.58 in the quarter... But I stick with my 'lets see it on the dyno' thoughts as I'm willing to bet that 840hp at the crank is plenty conservative.

We'll see when the first one is sold! 😉

·
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh I know bud... Trust me... Through gearing, suspension and rubber I took a cam only 5.7 to 12.58 in the quarter... But I stick with my 'lets see it on the dyno' thoughts as I'm willing to bet that 840hp at the crank is plenty conservative.

We'll see when the first one is sold! 😉

Got your order in yet?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts