Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well afer a long wiat I have now finally had my new fascia insalled :) I must say that I am very happy with the results. Northfield Car Sound at Moorooka did the modification and install and apart from the extended timeframe I am very happy :) They also changed the boot up screen on my headunit for me :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Unreal PUS, that looks awesome :fing02: :fing02: Must looks sweet with the blue LED's at night now.

Does the screen emit alot of light when your driving at night or is it bearable :) Did you get the fascia for it or did they?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unreal PUS, that looks awesome :fing02: :fing02: Must looks sweet with the blue LED's at night now.

Does the screen emit alot of light when your driving at night or is it bearable :) Did you get the fascia for it or did they?
You can change the brightness so it is fine. I have the birghtness turned up fairly high and it doesn't worry me at night :)

When I had the head unit installed originally I had used the US nav fascia with a frame around it to fill the gap (provided and installed by Maroochy Car Sound). I had kept my stock fascia so I gave that to them and they just modified it.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The unit itself I have had for ages only the way the fascia has been does is different.

But the unit is an Eclipse AVN6000. It has built in sat nav with two DVD slots, one for the map and one for music and videos. Plays music and video and I could hoock up a rear camera if I wanted too. It also has iPod integration so I have an 80GB iPod sitting in the glove box with all my music on it.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey Pus, can you hook up 2 slave screens off the AVN6000?
Yes you can....i believe you can have different audio zones also so you can have a movie in the back with the head phones in and radio or mp3's in the front.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By the way this is what the origianl install looked like:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yes you can....i believe you can have different audio zones also so you can have a movie in the back with the head phones in and radio or mp3's in the front.
Cheers man, I must look into that for the kids :) Beats playing 'I spy with my...' for 1500km's :pat:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Yeah that does look very nice, thats what im getting on my SRT8 put in, but the dealer is getting that all organized for me....

·
Banned
651 Posts
avn6000 dvd navigation with built in tuner.
RRP:
$3,499

i pulled that information from a website. all i can say is WOOOOOOWWWWWWW

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Pus, do you find that only the volume controls work on the steering wheel now?

The one's ive seen won't allow you to change track / channel anymore, & the radio frequency display on the evic defaults to 0.00.

I'm wondering if its the eclipse unit itself, or just the Can B translator most fitters are using.

Neat surround BTW! :)

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The original controls I had did the lot but then after about 2 months the whole thing stopped working. The only thing that doesn't work on the steering wheel is the change mode button you can change the volume and skip tracks without an issue. The headunit became unresposive so I took it back and they trach the problem down to an issue witht he steering wheel controls. The later version of the controls didn't have that functionality anymore so we assume that is where the issue was.

And yes the radio frequency does show up as 0.00 and I believe this is the same for any aftermarket head unit.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Sounds good pus, they seem to work well.

Just a note for Amir.. if Nunawading has sold you one of these, it might be better just waiting to see if you're happy with the original gear.
The 08 will come factory with a loaded MyGig so theres not much point in spending an extra 3k straight away on a unit with similar features.

Just my 2c!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts