Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks pretty sweet, supposedly will have a V6 turbo with V8 power. This keeps getting intresting, I guess competition makes each company come out swinging which is good for the consumer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Kudos to Ford for planning to use newer engine technology. Improved styling for the front fascia makes it a more attractive car, but looks similar to Infiniti or Lexus.
They need to make it more distinctive, it seems the focus groups and marketeers want another bland car that won't offend (or attract) anybody.

If it's not the Mondeo, then it's got very similar looks.
Autoblog

·
Registered
184 Posts
looks like the new audi a4. they're all so similar. Good to see they're trying. Should be easier now they've sold Jaguar off to the indians. The XF was a make or break vehicle and that's easy to confuse with a lexus (though the rump end is very similar to an Aston

·
Registered
9,851 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Looks pretty sweet, supposedly will have a V6 turbo with V8 power. This keeps getting intresting, I guess competition makes each company come out swinging which is good for the consumer

Looks like its stolen bits from all its competitors, Lexus, Toyota, Maxda etc!!!

But looks good.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
For a moment I thought you posted a pic of a Toyota Camry as a joke.

I don't care if they shove a V12 in that heap and sell it for $12,000 new. It still looks like ass.

Ford just isn't capable of making unique designs.

·
Registered
626 Posts
By the looks of the longish front overhand it is front wheel drive.

Front wheel drive cars larger than a mini cooper are totally irrelevant IMO. As a rental or a carpooler fine. A legitimate road/performance car... no thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well maybe if I wait a couple more years I can get rid of my work car(plymonth breeze) and get a ford.
I have drove that car hard and it's still going strong.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Wow, ya know I actually see a little bit of the Sebring's styling in there. LOL.

Either way, I don't get the point.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
They have made Taurus's ( Tauri ?? ) with lots of power before - - remember the SHO? It's still a Wrong Wheel Drive POS and will never be competition for a proper RWD platform. I've owned plenty of Fords and never had a bad one so I'm not slamming Ford. My favorite car of all I've owned (up until I got the 300C) was a Thunderbird SC. It had a Supercharged V6 and would run head to head with Mustang 5.0's and IROC-Z's of the day... but it was RWD as a car should be!

I'm afraid Ford is probably in the worst financial shape of any car maker; they probably don't have the money to develop a good RWD sedan platform to replace the hundred-year-old Crown Vic.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I wish Ford lovers well and hope they enjoy their cars, but no thanks I don't want a Ford for myself. I will keep buying 300's till the bitter end as I feel the 300 is a much better road car, for me at least.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts