Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all from a new 300C Hemi owner in Perth, WA. I ordered my Hemi 2 days ago, and expect to have it by the end of March. Although the planning was to go for one in another couple of months, I got an offer I could not refuse, since Chrysler (Australia) now wants to sell the 'old' ones with the MY2008 coming up. Since I think it is as good as impossible to improve the car, I will be very happy with my MY2007 one (but 2008 lates ;-).

I am interested to see how many 300C Ozzie owners there are around here......

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Hi all from a new 300C Hemi owner in Perth, WA. I ordered my Hemi 2 days ago, and expect to have it by the end of March. Although the planning was to go for one in another couple of months, I got an offer I could not refuse, since Chrysler (Australia) now wants to sell the 'old' ones with the MY2008 coming up. Since I think it is as good as impossible to improve the car, I will be very happy with my MY2007 one (but 2008 lates ;-).

I am interested to see how many 300C Ozzie owners there are around here......

Welcome to the forum Perth Pete, there are plenty of aussies on this forum and a few from Perth. Goodluck with your new ride when you get it at the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
There is also at least one Yank who gets to Perth periodically: me! I'm about as far away from Perth as one can get without coming back! My daughter married a bloke from Adelaide and settled in Kinross about 20km north of Perth. We visit there every few years, and they come over here in between.
You're gonna love the car. Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Lots of good folks here... glad to add you to the crew!

I'll be a long while before they smile leaves your face... hope your car gets to you soon!

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Perthpete, and welcome to the forum from Scotland. I knew you lot had pinched the Perth name from our original - but I didn't know you had a Kinross too. One major difference is that our Kinross is about 20K south of Perth. Sounds like you did well with your purchase and I think most of the non-N American dealers will be discounting 300C's over the next few weeks. I take it you are aware that your car was made in Austria, in Graz where Arnie Swartzn....... oh bugger it I must learn to spell The Terminator's name, was born. Drop over and visit with us on the European and Diesel page as well - a lot of Aussies do.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WELCOME from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley of the USA!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew you lot had pinched the Perth name from our original - but I didn't know you had a Kinross too. One major difference is that our Kinross is about 20K south of Perth. Sounds like you did well with your purchase and I think most of the non-N American dealers will be discounting 300C's over the next few weeks. I take it you are aware that your car was made in Austria, in Graz where Arnie Swartzn....... oh bugger it I must learn to spell The Terminator's name, was born. Drop over and visit with us on the European and Diesel page as well - a lot of Aussies do.
Cheers John
;-) it is worse I guess on my last Holiday in Canada (where my dad lives) in May 2005 I drove from his place (Blessington, south Ontario) to Ottawa, along the tourist roads.. Underway we passed .... Perth!! And at that time we were already working on obtaining the visa for Australia... So, I am not an Australian citizen (yet, but permanent resident). Not Canadian either, my roots are Dutch ;-).

And yes, I know (now) my car was made in Austria. On our holiday in Perth in 2005 (yes, same year as Canada) we have also been talking to some car dealers and doing some test drives (preparing the migration ;-) and I could swear that the sales guy then said 'made in Australia' :smashfrea . But it is likely that was only what I thought I heared since I had no reason to think they would be built in Europe.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies, I feel welcome. I do note that it looks like I am one of the very few that has no intention of upgrading, pimping, upspeccing, ... my car..

Let me know if there are any more like me here...

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hey Pete,
You are not alone in not tarting up the car. Very probably, like you have in Australia, there are not many 300C's on the roads of the UK. So we have no need to add anything to stand out from the crowd - we do so already. Anyway I think it would be hard to improve on perfection. :) So did you migrate from Holland to Australia or were you brought up in Canada? There are one or two Dutch folk on here as well - surprisingly the well named "Dutchy" hails from there (some folk have no imagination). The spec of your car is more in keeping with the European cars rather than the N American cars so drop over and see us at European & Diesel Powered 300 Models as a great many Australians do. You just missed out on the recent survey to try and establish the weight to height ratio of 300C drivers - next they will be wanting to check on birthmarks or lack of hair. Anyway come over and see us sometime. By the way, I live in the original Hamilton - and look how that has been copied worldwide.
Cheers John

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi John,
Thanks. I grew up in the Netherlands (or Holland if you like ;-). My dad migrated to Canada in 1980. I have been there a coup[le of times and once almost migrated as well. Just did not push it through. x years later (2006) my wife and me migrated to Perth. Loving every second of it!!

Apparently we have a bit of migration in our blood, my wife has an aunt and an uncle in Australia (one in Perth, other one in Eden). And she has an aunt that lives in Brazil (with her husband and children). So, we are pretty spread around the world....

I will be looking into the EU forum as well. It just always takes time to really get to know (people and topics on) a forum, so much on there ... ;-)

Of course, since I do not have my car just yet, I should have a bit time to browse around...

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Pete,
I see you have arrived at the Euro site already. If you look through some of the posts you will see that Propus has still to order his car despite being a member (and an excellent poster) for about 3 months. Elpirata has just got his car about 10 days ago again after being around for a while - so enjoy the company - and give Dutchy a look up as well. I reckon you will be alright for your vacations for a good few years to come - plenty of family well scattered.
Cheers John

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Pete,
I reckon you will be alright for your vacations for a good few years to come - plenty of family well scattered.
Cheers John
Well, regarding holidays.. living Down Under for nearly 2 years now, and working full time (meaning not too much holidays :thumbsdow ) we will very very likely focus on holidays in Australia... and in maybe 3 or 4 years from now a holiday to Europe to visit friends and family...

(Mind you, we are not complaining. We love it here ... :smile: :smile: )

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
As the saying goes "You can't have everything" - but you sure as hell can try. Glad you are liking Australia - it is one place I have always had a notion for - no notion to visit Canada or America but I always felt I could enjoy Australia for some reason. Are you working nightshift - must be the middle of the night down there.
Cheers John

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you working nightshift - must be the middle of the night down there.
Cheers John
Hi John, not really, just 8.51pm when i posted this, nice relaxed at home :) . Not exactly sure what the time difference is, but I am postingthis reply at Saturday, 12:33PM so early afternoon.. I think the time differencewould be like 6 or 7 hours?

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I think it is more like 11 or 12 hours. I used to correspond with a guy who lived in Barwon Heads (at the entrance to Pt Phillip Bay where Melbourne is). The time difference changed from (I think) 12 hours to 10 hours dependent on Daylight Saving. Of course with the size of Australia it is possible that there are time zones down there as well. I see your efforts to contact fellow Dutch folk seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Dutchy may well have moved to one of the other forums - I will see if I can dig him up for you. And I spotted you taking part in our rather ridiculous weights and measures survey!!
Cheers John

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Only one more night!!!

Noon tomorrow is my C-DAY!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

(Sorry, guys, feel like a little boy again :))

1 - 20 of 26 Posts