Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

New front dash SGII speakers?.....removing the speaker cover?

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  HEMI4ME? 
#1 ·
Well Ive finally decided its time for my audio upgrades. Ive always been happy with the sound quality of my SGII, but I figured, what the hell-its time for some better sound!

I know some of you have replaced the front 3 speakers sitting on the front dash with aftermarket speakers. My question is, can I put new speakers in, and remove that grated speaker cover, having the entire aftermarket speaker exposed?

I definatly think that a good looking speaker with an exposed face would look cool sitting atop our dashes. Before I try to do it myself or take it to an audio place Id like to have some more insight on how feisable this is. Thanks!

#2 ·
You could do it, I don't think any insulation would show or anything funky like that, I replaced mine with Infinity Kappas.... Made a big difference in the front sound stage and the highs are MUCH clearer.

#4 ·
rogue said:
Check out a Full thread about it that I made a long time ago.

Since then I ripped out the entire system and replaced it with all aftermarket... You will likely end up doing the same if you get the "audio upgrade bug". It might be something to consider in the long run...
your install pics link is no longer working????

#5 ·
I replaced the front left and right with 4", making a hug difference. 3.5" speakers generally are not the best quality... IMHO I would definitely try to keep the factory grille, it is a prefect fit and aftermarket ones will not be the exact size, because the hole in the dash is way bigger than the speaker... I also replaced the center with a good 3.5" as well - All speakers for the front deck and rear 6x9s that I used were Cliff Designs. Please check out the speaker install I posted the other day I have some pics there of a 4" with no grille.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9300

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.