Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well almost new fuel pumps. I went to a very good salvage yard and purchased both the sending and receiving fuel pumps. Both are underneath the rear seats. My symptoms were long starts and a very obvious misfire. Of course I was taking a chance on buying used fuel pumps even if the car was a 2008 that had 90,000 miles, that's what THEY said. The pumps still had gas in them, they literally just came of a 300C. My only problem was of course getting the lock ring off. I have no patience. Once I got the lock rings off. Well once my buddy got the lock rings off, the job was simple. I did see slightly charred plastic on the electrical connections on the lid of the old left side. I bought new gaskets and new rings. Chrysler wanted a total of around $850.00 to do the work. Work that should have probably been a recall item in my opinion. I spent $150 on the 2 pumps and about $65 on the gaskets and new lock rings, the lock rings were in a gasket lock ring combo. And the good part is no more slow starts and no misfire. She sounds and runs great for a 2007 Srt8 with 147,000 on it. So glad I did it myself. There a couple of vids that helped me also. Just passing some good news. Have fun.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts