Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we are all "Car Guys" I was curious on your thoughts about the new pontiac GTO. The 05 now has 400hp LS2 and a Stock Ram air hood, but of course there are tons of aftermarket stuff for the goat to make it look and perform really Good. I test drove an 05 last week and the LS2 MOVES! Way faster than a 300c, but it should since its a full blown sports car. I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.....

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the 05 goat is faster than the 05 mustang. It rides and handles much better too. It's also faster than the charger that's coming out. the 2007 goat you may like.....going to the zeta platform and a whole new bodystyle and probably around 450hp and High 12 sec 1/4 mile. That one will be worthy of the GTO name for sure.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm disappointed!!
GM has been using this body style for way too long.
To put the GOATs name on a car that resembles several in their stable just ain't right. What's under the hood may be nice but that's about it.

Also if she was slower than the C(larger, more lux. etc) I'd be a lil more upset(in other words, it better be faster).
I think the pony GT and charger will go further then this. Visually, this is a sad excuse for a GOAT.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Aside from the body of the car (which is attractive, but not special) I think it is one hot piece of machinery...ESP now with the 400 hp mill. I would not mind owning one. Styling isn't everything, and there is something to be said for having a true "sleeper."

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Stray thoughts....

kangol99 said:
Since we are all "Car Guys" I was curious on your thoughts about the new pontiac GTO. The 05 now has 400hp LS2 and a Stock Ram air hood, but of course there are tons of aftermarket stuff for the goat to make it look and perform really Good. I test drove an 05 last week and the LS2 MOVES! Way faster than a 300c, but it should since its a full blown sports car. I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.....
The powerplant is incredible - same one in the CTS-V.
BOth barnburners.
Personally, I like my "car" to look extremely cool as well, and needed 4 doors and an automatic - hence the 300C -- but you could do ALOT worse than the new Goat.
COnsider waiting for the body "restyling" which is due out pretty soon.
That or a new Pontiac G6 on GM's new (and highly anticipated) Zeta platform - which will definitely offer the LS2 motor as well.
OR, pick up a "new" Goat cheap - used (under 10K miles).
A true bargain.
CHeers!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Goat

A hot car is a hot car... the Goat is hot. I agree with both Redman and Lwood. This car has an Aussie platform, suspension, etc. I drove one awhile back. It's a true muscle car, and quite nimble.

GM fell down on the styling, and it doesn't have the "Luxury Muscle Car" cachet of the 300C.

Gotta Give the Goat some Respect..... :cool:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I like about the GTO is the performance. The interior and suspension is great. I like the fact that its not like a Trans Am and sticks out like a sore thumb. I like the sleeper look and the clean bodylines. I also like that Since its so bland if I had one I could buy alot of aftermarket parts and make it my own. They have alot of nice aftermarket hoods, even a shaker style hood, a few spoilers, and even a side exhaust system with custom side skirts....looks great. I've read alot of the GTO forums and finding people who once said the gto styling sucked and after seeing a gto with a few mods done those same people come back and say "Damn that looks awesome where can I get one that looks like that" Hehe

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nice and fast, can't ask for much more from a car that is already nice and fast!

The cars great! Awesome power at a fair price. Its not trying to be a luxury car. It does need a make over to give it a more refreshed look. Pontiac's cars all have that look that I really don't care for but most of them are fast.

In a way all pontiac's have that, "we're trying to look sporty but we just haven't figured out how to do it yet." look to them. As we learned from the past just because a car doesn't look fast doesn't mean it isn't.

All around a great car I might of considered. The new look should be something to watch out for.

Sorry, just don't like the new mustang look. Looks like Ford tried to do what Chrysler did with the 300C but it just doesn't work. Just like Ford screwed the thunderbird. Ford tried to make a statment, but not that many people are listening.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Northern Rider said:
A hot car is a hot car... the Goat is hot. I agree with both Redman and Lwood. This car has an Aussie platform, suspension, etc. I drove one awhile back. It's a true muscle car, and quite nimble.

GM fell down on the styling, and it doesn't have the "Luxury Muscle Car" cachet of the 300C.

Gotta Give the Goat some Respect..... :cool:
Hey NR, you're one good looking dude, but you need a shave!!!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Under the hood, the GOAT gets the respect it deserves!
The one issue I've had with GM since I was a teen was that in styling
pontiac=chevy=caddy=olds=buick???????

today
escalade = denali = suburban
GOAT = 4 door G6

GOAT = MUSCLE not Sport. This is not a muscle car.
I know GM has to span the divide but they could have been a little more aggressive on this one.
It's too small, 10+ years styling, interior is symplistic as stated a sleeper that will get slept on.

When Zeta comes about I hope I will change my mind, as I will always be a GOAT and Impala fan(talk about crying when that came out)

I'm looking foward to the return of the muscle car

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are plenty of aftermarket parts to make the GTO look as good as it performs.

·
Registered
824 Posts
The GTO 6.0 isn't blown right?

Nah, it's not blown. Imagine it blown. HMMM? Bumb it to 475 HP 490 FTQ with a 6 speed. I'm thinking low 13's high 12's. Yikes :eek:

·
Registered
134 Posts
This car is flat out ugly. Nice motor but it is made for rice burner wanna bees that like cars like this. It looks like a Grand AM. They should have put a decent body on it and made it the new Camaro.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
They would have been much better off not changing the body style from its Australian counterpart.

AU Holden Monaro:

I think Pontiac made it look like a Gran Prix knockoff. It was a classy car already, they just ruined it for me....

The GTOs are great cars, but its just a shame they changed the styling. I imagine quite a few GTO owners would like to change to the Monaro clip. I know I would...

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
PONTIAC "Poor Old Numbskull Thinks It's A Cadillac". CTSV motor in a very ten years ago body. These so called "clean lines" are great on the Grand Am and that is the problem, this is not a Grand Am or could you tell. I love the engine and respect its power and numbers, it lacks Stabilitrak, window curtain bags, brake assist all of which has been on BMWs for the last 6-7 years. If we were talking about a $24K car one could overlook these things and maybe even the styling, at $35K you need more than an engine. The comparisons to the $27K Mustang are amusing but a proper comparison would would be with the upcoming Cobra. I would buy a Mustang GT over the Goat any day. IMO the Mustang GT styling is fabulous and it's only a tad slower than the Goat also $7K less money. Might just Get the Cobra with IRS and blow on by the Goat in much better style.
P.S. The manaro clip would be an improvement and probably could be done but I see a lot of Camry/VW in the Manaro.

·
Registered
441 Posts
rogue said:
They would have been much better off not changing the body style from its Australian counterpart.

AU Holden Monaro:

I think Pontiac made it look like a Gran Prix knockoff. It was a classy car already, they just ruined it for me....

The GTOs are great cars, but its just a shame they changed the styling. I imagine quite a few GTO owners would like to change to the Monaro clip. I know I would...
Looks like a Taurus...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts