Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new grill finally arrived. Should be installing it as soon as the fiancée gets off work. I'll get some installed pics once its on. Also have new emblems for it the wing on the decklid and the steering wheel. I'm pleased with the quality so far except I don't like the way the wing is a straight slant and the factory one isn't.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Does anybody know? What are the rules on reproducing parts of trademark devices, such as the wing? I've assumed it couldn't be done legally without sanction from Chrysler. Since the wing/ribbon device together are a trademark, could a company reproduce just the wing without the ribbon device, without paying some kind of licensing fee? Maybe that's why the wing on this grill is significantly different from the OEM wing - to avoid the fee, or the problems that could be incurred by not receiving Chrysler's permission.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just saw a grill on a 2007 300C that was different than any that I have seen. It had the divider in the center and stuck out a little in the center. The mesh was realy cool also, the cuts were like diamond shaped and realy different. I liked it. Anyone getting the jist of my description, or have seen this grill ?

·
Registered
690 Posts
grill looks awsome!
Is it plastic or metal? if its plastic take it off in the winter!!! My plastic eBay one just got rapped over the winter.

Question, how did you get the emblem off the rear? I cant seem to do it.

·
Banned
651 Posts
correction that is not an "emblem" its a sticker. yeah its a lil thicker than a sticker but none the less its a sticker. i remember when those first came out i bought them and i immediately returned them. the quality is garbage and they only look good if you look at them directly.

im personally not a fan of cheap ebay grille's. but hey whatever floats your boat

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldn't consider it a sticker. I think of a sticker as a flat piece of sticky material. This is domed and just as thick as the original except its not hard plastic. Grill is really good quality except for the wing doesn't look OEM as I stated. On the rear deck lid I used a heat gun to heat it up so the glue would release and peeled it of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts