Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry pictures will come tomorrow when I have daylight. My last picture in the garage using flourescent light just flat out sucked. I bought the cheap ass ABS grille with the chrome mesh and it looks freaking fantastic! Best $250 I've spent in a long time! I plan on blacking it out at some point but I'll drive it as is for now.

All the posts I searched here talked about pulling the front portion of the grille down and just cutting out the old grille. DON'T DO THAT. Taking off the bumper cover is super easy. I rate it 3 out of 10 beers. You don't need to unplug wire harnesses or remove the washer fluid and tube. You just take off a series of screws, bolts and push pins around the front. Takes about 1 hour for the entire install. Unless you're a clean freak like me and decide to degrease and clean every little piece you can now access. I swear I have OCD.

Any who, no big deal, but a huge improvement. I also relocated the license plate since the factory piece won't attach to the new grille. Just drill straight into the bumper cover. Yes it sucks, but in VA we have to run a front plate.

The emblem mod again was super easy. Trained a blow dryer on the "300 Hemi" emblem on high for about 5 minutes. You'll know it's ready when you can begin to lift up one edge of the emblem and it starts to pull away easily. Carefull because it's seriously freaking hot. I have a plastic tool that is used to put 3M clear bra's on so I just worked that in behind the emblem. When done, there is a little residue from the adhesive. I used Stoner's Tarminex to soak the residue and then just rub it off. Applied the SRT-8 emblems in the same position. Look great! Pictures tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
you did it

cvp33 said:
Sorry pictures will come tomorrow when I have daylight. My last picture in the garage using flourescent light just flat out sucked. I bought the cheap ass ABS grille with the chrome mesh and it looks freaking fantastic! Best $250 I've spent in a long time! I plan on blacking it out at some point but I'll drive it as is for now.

All the posts I searched here talked about pulling the front portion of the grille down and just cutting out the old grille. DON'T DO THAT. Taking off the bumper cover is super easy. I rate it 3 out of 10 beers. You don't need to unplug wire harnesses or remove the washer fluid and tube. You just take off a series of screws, bolts and push pins around the front. Takes about 1 hour for the entire install. Unless you're a clean freak like me and decide to degrease and clean every little piece you can now access. I swear I have OCD.

Any who, no big deal, but a huge improvement. I also relocated the license plate since the factory piece won't attach to the new grille. Just drill straight into the bumper cover. Yes it sucks, but in VA we have to run a front plate.

The emblem mod again was super easy. Trained a blow dryer on the "300 Hemi" emblem on high for about 5 minutes. You'll know it's ready when you can begin to lift up one edge of the emblem and it starts to pull away easily. Carefull because it's seriously freaking hot. I have a plastic tool that is used to put 3M clear bra's on so I just worked that in behind the emblem. When done, there is a little residue from the adhesive. I used Stoner's Tarminex to soak the residue and then just rub it off. Applied the SRT-8 emblems in the same position. Look great! Pictures tomorrow.
whats up cvp33 ,so you did it, man good job ,can not wait to see it,so:) whats next?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
you have to do this

edwin griffith said:
whats up cvp33 ,so you did it, man good job ,can not wait to see it,so:) whats next?
man , i e- mail justin from advanced automotive concepts a few days ago and man "o" man demon eye or angel eye headlight ,you have to see them!!!i will try to e-mail you thr pic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
I'll bet Virginia's finest ticket you for not having the front plate the specified number of inches off the ground :eyeroll: Can't wait to see pictures, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
edwin griffith said:
whats up cvp33 ,so you did it, man good job ,can not wait to see it,so:) whats next?
Yeah, the grille was way easier than I thought it would be. Very daunting when you realize the entire front needs to come off. But super easy and no need to rush. Laid out some towels for the bumber cover to sit on and did it step by step.

I also bought the logo'd SRT mats from Wykoff (sp?), a supporting vendor, and layed those in. Very nice, but haven't figured out how to deal with the trunk mat not being cut to fit around the Kicker sub. I'll engineer something I'm sure. I'm ready for a good tint job. Probably going to use TNT tinting in VA Beach. Then going to fab up a homemade CAI with a K&N cone. Should be able to do it for around $125 bucks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
cvp33 said:
Sorry pictures will come tomorrow when I have daylight. My last picture in the garage using flourescent light just flat out sucked. I bought the cheap ass ABS grille with the chrome mesh and it looks freaking fantastic! Best $250 I've spent in a long time! I plan on blacking it out at some point but I'll drive it as is for now.

All the posts I searched here talked about pulling the front portion of the grille down and just cutting out the old grille. DON'T DO THAT. Taking off the bumper cover is super easy. I rate it 3 out of 10 beers. You don't need to unplug wire harnesses or remove the washer fluid and tube. You just take off a series of screws, bolts and push pins around the front. Takes about 1 hour for the entire install. Unless you're a clean freak like me and decide to degrease and clean every little piece you can now access. I swear I have OCD.

Any who, no big deal, but a huge improvement. I also relocated the license plate since the factory piece won't attach to the new grille. Just drill straight into the bumper cover. Yes it sucks, but in VA we have to run a front plate.

The emblem mod again was super easy. Trained a blow dryer on the "300 Hemi" emblem on high for about 5 minutes. You'll know it's ready when you can begin to lift up one edge of the emblem and it starts to pull away easily. Carefull because it's seriously freaking hot. I have a plastic tool that is used to put 3M clear bra's on so I just worked that in behind the emblem. When done, there is a little residue from the adhesive. I used Stoner's Tarminex to soak the residue and then just rub it off. Applied the SRT-8 emblems in the same position. Look great! Pictures tomorrow.
Very interested in seeing the final product. What 300 hemi emblem are you refering to taking off...or??? The one's on the front panel?

Moose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moose said:
Very interested in seeing the final product. What 300 hemi emblem are you refering to taking off...or??? The one's on the front panel?

Moose.
Yes. I removed the 300 emblems from the front quarters in an effort to give the car more SRT-ness as I discussed in a previous post. Trying to work up the courage to take the side molding off completely.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
cvp33 said:
Yes. I removed the 300 emblems from the front quarters in an effort to give the car more SRT-ness as I discussed in a previous post. Trying to work up the courage to take the side molding off completely.
Looks good, but... I can't believe you went to all the effort to clean up the overall look & yet have the front tag in a dealer's frame, LOL. Good luck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
cvp33 said:
Yes. I removed the 300 emblems from the front quarters in an effort to give the car more SRT-ness as I discussed in a previous post. Trying to work up the courage to take the side molding off completely.
A little boost for your courage. This way you can see how the SRT looks de-badged before you take them off, and can decide for yourself. Sorry it's not BB.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ARH1956 said:
Looks good, but... I can't believe you went to all the effort to clean up the overall look & yet have the front tag in a dealer's frame, LOL. Good luck.
Long story that I won't go into. I was in a car accident on Friday and literally punted a Cavalier 100 ft. down a surface street when the driver changed lanes without signaling. The amazing part is there is NO damage to the SRT. I inspected it very carefully while I had the bumper cover off. The only thing is the license plate is bent to hell. I used the dealer frame to hold it straight. I'm still waiting for an SRT-8 frame before I order a chrome one. Then I'll do the upgrade.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
I nominate cvp33 as the official goto guy for mods for the Hampton Roads 300 guys/gals. We just dont have any good shops for this type of work cvp and we need you man. I may have some jobs for you at the M&G in MAR. I got cash. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GEN XER said:
I nominate cvp33 as the official goto guy for mods for the Hampton Roads 300 guys/gals. We just dont have any good shops for this type of work cvp and we need you man. I may have some jobs for you at the M&G in MAR. I got cash. LOL
How did I know this post was coming. :pat:

Yes it's true I modded my CTS-V to hell and back with drilled rotors, headers, exhaust, custom TB to MAF pipe, air brushed engine cover, strut tower brace, oil catch can, braided hoses, short shifter and so on. I think my days of getting under the car are over, except for oil changes. Here's a few pic's.
 

Attachments

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
cvp33 said:
Long story that I won't go into. I was in a car accident on Friday and literally punted a Cavalier 100 ft. down a surface street when the driver changed lanes without signaling. The amazing part is there is NO damage to the SRT. I inspected it very carefully while I had the bumper cover off. The only thing is the license plate is bent to hell. I used the dealer frame to hold it straight. I'm still waiting for an SRT-8 frame before I order a chrome one. Then I'll do the upgrade.
Ok, now I get it.

cvp33 stands for: Cavalier Velocity Punting 33 metres.

It took a while, but all is clear now. What is the national Record for Distance? :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Yeah, Chris says he got an SRT-8 and came here because the V was unreliable. The guy just can't keep the fenders on the cars. So we kicked him out. He kept using this smiley and we all got the wrong impression.:hitit:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
cvp33 said:
Yes. I removed the 300 emblems from the front quarters in an effort to give the car more SRT-ness as I discussed in a previous post. Trying to work up the courage to take the side molding off completely.
Very nice, cvp33. What kind of grill is that and where did you get it?

Great job, and I have a feeling a lot of us are going to follow your lead on some mods. Especially after looking at the awesome job you did on your 'V'.

Thanks for sharing.

Moose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
cvp33 said:
Yes. I removed the 300 emblems from the front quarters in an effort to give the car more SRT-ness as I discussed in a previous post. Trying to work up the courage to take the side molding off completely.

I pulled mine off the day I got it...just get a corner up and YANK! The whole piece will come right off, adhesive and everything. Did the same thing on both my silver 300C and my Black SRT-8.Then again I live in AZ where the temps. are a little different.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
On the other side of the car(passenger) does the SRT8 side badge point in the other direction(the red part towards the front wheel instead of towards the passenger door) ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
cvp33 said:
How did I know this post was coming. :pat:

I think my days of getting under the car are over, except for oil changes. Here's a few pic's.
WOW. Not even for the brotherhood?:puppy_dog

You are going to leave to go at it alone in this dark world of uncertainty. I cant trust just anyone to do work on my car. I think Boss Wheels on VA BCH BLVD may be a good alternative though and I know the owner. I may even be able to talk to him to give us discounts on the work he does for us if I get enough people wanting work done. Lets talk at the M&G.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top