Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have been itching to get my grille replaced with a mesh type, and finally I have done, it arrived yesterday, and being a patient person I fitted it this morning.

I got photo instructions from this forum and the whole job was done in 45 minutes - I couldn't believe how easy it was.

I have added before and after pictures, the only mod I had to make that wasn't included in the instructions, was the black number plate holder, it has some clips on the back that attach to the stock grille, I cut these off, and then decided it would look much better without it, I guess the guys on the other side of the pond don't need to worry about a front number plate.

Well I am very happy with it, I think it is a great improvement on the stock grille, and if anyone is thinking about it but doesn't want to pay the dealer, then give it a go, I am no mechanic, and I did it fine.

By the way, the dealer quoted me 2 hours at £80 an hour for fitting, robbing bar stewards.

P.S If you are looking at this Stef, just pretend that the flies aren't on there, I wouldn't wanting you stressing about it, but if you're passing through Plymouth to see your family perhaps you could pop in and show me how to get that shine ;-)

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I'm glad you moved that ugly number plate surround,grille looks good though

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nice job!

Yeah - I am mechanically-challenged and did this install with-in a matter of an hour. Extremely simple and straight forward.

Did you take off the front fascia to do the install? I did, and it deemed the install of the grill MUCH easier IMO.

Also, is that a K2 Motor Bentley Mesh Grill? If so, that's the same one I have, only in black.

The craftsmanship is subpar in my opinion; I have some paint bubbles on my grill. But I guess you get what you pay for - K2 is one of the cheaper manufacturers.

Once again, nice job, it looks great!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job!

Yeah - I am mechanically-challenged and did this install with-in a matter of an hour. Extremely simple and straight forward.

Did you take off the front fascia to do the install? I did, and it deemed the install of the grill MUCH easier IMO.

Also, is that a K2 Motor Bentley Mesh Grill? If so, that's the same one I have, only in black.

The craftsmanship is subpar in my opinion; I have some paint bubbles on my grill. But I guess you get what you pay for - K2 is one of the cheaper manufacturers.

Once again, nice job, it looks great!
Hi, Yes I removed the whole bumper down onto an old carpet to stop it scratching, and it made the job so much easier, I am not sure which type of grille it is, but it was a reasonable price, and fitted perfectly with no mods

·
Registered
347 Posts
hey mr 2008uk300c,

looks good, where did you get that grille, I am kind of thinking about the genuine mopar grill which looks like that, but only because it is pretty solid and heavy.

regards

elpirata

·
Registered
469 Posts
hey mr 2008uk300c,

looks good, where did you get that grille, I am kind of thinking about the genuine mopar grill which looks like that, but only because it is pretty solid and heavy.

regards

elpirata
Elpirata, if im not mistaken, it's the K2Motor grill that can be had on ebay for $50 + shipping. It's the same on I have.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey mr 2008uk300c,

regards

elpirata
Hi Elpirata

I bought it on ebay, the quality seems very good, time will tell if it lasts, and the Startech grille is a lot more money, especially if the stealer fits it for you, you are looking at £500, I paid £50 delivered and an hour of my time, would recommend it

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
So what goodies you gonna spend your other £450 on?

Grill looks good by the way and good job on taking the front end off n on. Something I'd be happy to do to all my previous cars, but I just can't bring myself to do it on the 300C!?

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Well if it's any consolation the Startech grilles don't hold up too well either. Mine is being replaced under warranty next Friday.

Stef

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what goodies you gonna spend your other £450 on?

Grill looks good by the way and good job on taking the front end off n on. Something I'd be happy to do to all my precious cars, but I just can't bring myself to do it on the 300C!?
POWER and MORE POWER, chip tune here we come, once you have had your car for a few weeks you will soon be confident enough to get the grille fitted, I assure you you, it is very easy, though I would recommend no children pestering you, and take your time, having the right tools is also essential.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
POWER and MORE POWER, chip tune here we come, once you have had your car for a few weeks you will soon be confident enough to get the grille fitted, I assure you you, it is very easy, though I would recommend no children pestering you, and take your time, having the right tools is also essential.
I was lucky that the previous owner had fitted the bentley style grille on my car. I'm thinking about changing my headlights, but just can't bring myself to pull the front end off! But I am slowly coming round to the idea as more and more people are saying its easy enough.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
changing the headlights?? what for?? nothing else will fit straight in

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
changing the headlights?? what for?? nothing else will fit straight in
I'm actually a big fan of BMW style angel eyes and thinking of doing this. I've always put smoked or clear crystal lenses on my cars too so looking to get this done on the 300C. I know its maybe not everyones cup of tea, but each to their own.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Oh you mean chavving your car up,I see now

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
You're extracting the urine again Ray!! Play nice now.
Cheers John
no I'm not John,round here thats what we call it when you mess with your car for the worst,I mean halo's,they look crap on the beemers,and the stoopid little fairy lights on the audi's,now thats chavved up :scared:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn, just ordered my fairy lights, and I was hoping for your approval
:biggrin:

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts