Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Top one is alright....I think the rest are hideous. To each his own though....

That bottom one just does not make any sense to me.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
The first one is the Stull grill (not Strut). It's probably the closest one to the Strut grill with its "Diamondwire" surface. However, from all the photos I've seen, it almost appears as a very flat surface instead of having a bowed-out convex surface.

Anyone have additional photos of the Stull Diamondwire grill that doesn't look so flat? www.autotrucktoys.com has "flat" looking pictures as well.

Wyckoff has the best pricing I've seen for this grill.

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Two syllabols UG-LY

All of those grills are ugly. I feel that Strut and E&G have the best looking ones so far. JUst my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
hawaiian lava said:
T-rex has a grill out and I think that it looks real good, may order it although that Stull grill is really interesting. Heres a address for the T-rex at sport trucking
http://www.sporttrucking.com/productdisplay.php?compid=101197&sku=717882&hdwt=31101&loc=101&dealer=no
Be careful about that little disclaimer at the bottom of the pic "picture may not exactly match actual product" . T-Rex has shown a couple of different pics for what their new mesh grill was going to be. I don't recall seeing anyone here posting a pic of what they were actually shipping. If you are interested in this grill, you should contact the reseller and get a picture of the actual shipping product.

·
Registered
198 Posts
JonW said:
Be careful about that little disclaimer at the bottom of the pic "picture may not exactly match actual product" . T-Rex has shown a couple of different pics for what their new mesh grill was going to be. I don't recall seeing anyone here posting a pic of what they were actually shipping. If you are interested in this grill, you should contact the reseller and get a picture of the actuall shipping product.
Thanks Jon, will do that, geez got to worry about small print and disclaimers all over the place.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Last time I e-mailed about the T-Rex they another site told me that the grille's where not chromed instead where stainless steel and I had to wait 2-4 weeks for them to be chromed dipped if I wanted them to be like the E&G. And this was about a month ago so I guess the T-Rex is still in the "development" stage.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
joe300c said:
I saw a show-car 300C that had the factory grill but it looked like it had been dipped in chrome and that's the best looking grill I've ever seen.. and I've seen ALL of these third party ones.
After seeing the convertible with the grill you are talking about, I sent an inquiry off to a local company that does plastic vacuum chrome metalizing. Plastic parts are chromed with a sheet of chrome material that is applied via a vacuum press that seals it onto the item. I'm waiting to hear back from them to see what it would cost to chrome the factory grill. I agree, it makes for a sharp looking grill.
I believe this is the pic you are talking about:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2445

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
JonW said:
After seeing the convertible with the grill you are talking about, I sent an inquiry off to a local company that does plastic vacuum chrome metalizing. Plastic parts are chromed with a sheet of chrome material that is applied via a vacuum press that seals it onto the item. I'm waiting to hear back from them to see what it would cost to chrome the factory grill. I agree, it makes for a sharp looking grill.
I believe this is the pic you are talking about:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2445
JonW, please post the info when you get it! I don't remember what thread it was, but sometime ago I had said this was what I was thinking about doing. I haven't gotten around to researching it yet so I'll ride on your coattails if you'll let me! I love the retro look of the oem grille (i.e. my new avatar) and 'thought' chromed would look better... seeing that conv. cinched it for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yep, I agree, I love that grill, It keeps the heritage of the 300C alive.

If you hear anything about that grill being available or how to go about replicating it, please let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts