Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did tons of work on my old 2007 300 V6 and loved it. 271k miles. Now I have a '05 300C 5.7 liter Hemi. Satin Jade Pearlcoat 160k miles and seems like it has all of the options. Trying to figure out what srt8 means. Is that what I have? Is this the top of line model?

-Regarding radio... And is there no bluetooth or way to play from my device? No aux?
Car runs great, good history, clean. I hooked it up with some custom accessories inside and out, including LED headlights, tinted taillights, grille, I blacked out rear wings and yes, that is the Jedi Order symbol on the blackedout emblems. got wipers and rainguards for windows too. Cleaned the manifold and intake valve, replaced cam, crank, airtemp and MAP sensors, platinum sparkplugs, new coils and air filters. Premium synthetic oil and filter along with radiator and heater core flush. Used additives and sealants in oil and coolant. A few new gaskets, including EGR. I also used seafoam on my first tank of gas..busy week but I learned all of this stuff from your posts and YT videos. I hope that I can also be of help to someone who needs it.

I have only a few minor issues. The main one is that my rear speakers have no sound. Unplugged battery cable, replaced #44 20a fuse but no change. I see the amp is under the steering wheel. Does it have an internal fuse?

Any advice on the speakers?

Looking forward to learning more about my engine and car. Thank you guys for all of the help. I've been reading these posts for too long, finally joined. Now that I am official with the 300C

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sandpaper (2500) with soap, vinegar, & salt cleaned my headlights and foglights pretty good. Polished the lights off with warm coconut oil, works great and peanut butter restored my exterior black trim.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I suspect you have a 300C since you have the 5.7L engine unless you live in the UK or Europe. SRT8 300 cars produced for North American sale came with the 6.1L HEMI. Later, the 6.4L HEMI was also provided.

SRT stands for Street & Racing Technology, which is a high-performance automobile group within Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. SRT began as "Team Viper" to develop the Dodge Viper.

What head unit do you have? The REC/NAV units were prevalent which included navigation & a 6 disk CD changer. There are three small white letters on the faceplate of your head unit that will identify what you have. There were two other head units that were installed, one with a single CD slot and another with no CD. Neither had navigation.

Some came with a small mini-RCA input on the faceplate. My REC/NAV did not but I did wire in a PacAudio harness that gives me such a connection. I plug a tablet into it that can decode the FLAC audio codec and it sounds pretty good. There is no fuse on the stock amp for the rear speakers only. If that fuse was blown you would not hear any sound from any speaker. You may have a bad connection or both speakers are blown.

Lots of good speakers out there. I can't recommend what's best as I've listened to a lot of speakers before I made my choice. What I liked best was a Hertz HSK 163 3-way system up front and a pair of Alpine 6x9 Type R speakers in the rear deck. The Hertz tweeters, which you would mount in the dash, are now in the upper portion of the door panels. I have a Focal sub in a Sub Zero box in the trunk. The entire system is powered by an Audison LRx 4.1K amplifier that supplies 130W x 4 ch @ 2 ohms + 1KW to the sub.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet ride! Thank you for the tips. I'm going to get exactly that.But only 2 dash speakers work. I can't get the hvac unit out of the dash! It won't come out all of the way after I pry off bezel, like the wires are caught in back. So haven't checked stereo itself yet.

How do I remove or check the amp? Pulled off panel and looked at it, checked plug...
Rear speakers plugged in at speaker, no sub. No door speaker sound. So must be the amp under steering wheel. It appears to be plugged in. $43 & 44 fuses are good. Advice? Would love some sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts