Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey im a new member, but a long time lurker.. and i have a few questions if anyone can help!

1- The chrome trim under the windows, how can i black it out?
2- How do i install aftermarket projector headlights?
3- What can I replace the rear wing/emblem with? or how can I black that out?
4- How do i install aftermarket side markers?
5- Best way to install rockblockers on tail lights?

** Regarding questions 2 & 4... is the main thing to do is remove the front fascia?

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Hire someone.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hey im a new member, but a long time lurker.. and i have a few questions if anyone can help!

** Regarding questions 2 & 4... is the main thing to do is remove the front fascia?
I can only help you with question #4.
Yes, it is recommended you remove the front fascia to replace the side markers. I've tried it without and it was a Biatch!! The passenger side was easy, but you'll spend too much time trying too get the drivers' side out. You'll then figure that with all the time wasted trying with the fascia on, you could've already have had the fascia removed!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
1- The chrome trim under the windows, how can i black it out? You will need to:
1.scuff/sand the chrome trim
2.apply an an acid etch primer as your base coat over the chrome.
3.apply 1 light sandable undercoat which you will use to smooth out any imperfections - would be advisable to tint the undercoat to the same colour as the top coat in case of any chips.
4.apply your top coats. Don't apply to heavy a coat as it may make it more prone to chipping. 2 coats should do it

Of course make sure all surfaces are cleaned and preped before proceding to the next step,
2- How do i install aftermarket projector headlights? You mean the whole assembly. Can be purchased as a complete kit by supporting vendors here -

05-07 CHRYSLER 300C Xenon Headlight, Performance Headlight, Racing Headlight, Aftermarket headlight, projector headlamp, Euro Headlights, halo, lo Headlights, Angel Eye Head Lights, JDM

3- What can I replace the rear wing/emblem with? or how can I black that out? You can black it out following answer 1 or Billet Technology have various new styles Billet Technology - Home Page

1. Pull the inner plastic guard away from where you need to work so you can get your hand/arm up there. You are mainly removing the bottom clips that hold the plastic trim in place.
2. using a 12 or 14mm socket (can't remember) undo the plastic retaining screw from the back of the side marker
3. Out it pops.
4. Reverse the procedure to install. Should only take 10 minutes if your pretty handy.

5- Best way to install rockblockers on tail lights? What are rockblockers. They are the chrome trim pieces are they? IMO they don't suit the car. I believe aftermarket LED tails are better.

Hope that helps mate

·
Registered
683 Posts
Here is what I did for #3

give Heidi a call at Billet Tech and she'll hook you up

·
Registered
683 Posts
i can't see myself spending $225 for a wing.. :pat:
you might want to call anyways to ask and see if they have updated pricing. I think I got mine for less than that but I bought some other things as well and I've since misremembered

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the info..

i talked to heidi via PM on chargerforums.com but ill have to give her a call tomorrow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts