Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I really love this forum...really helpful and inviting. I haven't bought a 300C yet, basically for the fact that I haven't had much time to look at it lately. I really like alot of the wheels available for the 300 and the wheel gallery has really helped me. I was looking around last night and I saw the Gianelle 22" 5 twins. If they come out with these for '05 I think I will probably get those. However, I do like the TIS 2.2 in black. What are your guys' thoughts on a different set of wheels on each side? I think it might be kind of neat, but I don't know if you could do that with these two wheels. If anyone knows, could you please chime in? Also, does anyone have pictures of black rims on a silver 300? I don't think I saw any in the gallery section.

Since I will definately be going with the 22" wheels, I want to go ahead and drop it with the Eibach springs. It drops it about 1.6" right? To the owners with these: do you have any clearance problems? I will be using it as a dialy drive so I don't want to have to cut corners on my driveway or worry about things like that.

Next on the list is the grill. I have seen the EG Classics grills and I really like those. I have, however, seen some different grills like on WCC 300c convertible. Do any manufactures make this or is that just a one-off custom?

After the wheels and grill, I am going to tint the windows and get blacked out tail lamp covers. Where can I find these at? I will probably do the DIY smoked side marker mod that on of the guys here posted about.

Is there anything esle that is pretty cool available for these cars? I haven't done a whole lot of research yet for the 300, but that's where I'm off to. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-Matt

·
Registered
80 Posts
hello and welcome to the forum.To answer your question on the wcc grill it is a strut grill and is very pricey,its about $3,400 dollars yes dollars. witch is about 10% of what you are going to pay for the car. I went with the EG grill and dipped it in crome total cast $500.00 bucks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
djjq13 said:
hello and welcome to the forum.To answer your question on the wcc grill it is a strut grill and is very pricey,its about $3,400 dollars yes dollars. witch is about 10% of what you are going to pay for the car. I went with the EG grill and dipped it in crome total cast $500.00 bucks

$3400? Not bad ;) Your solution sounds pretty neat...do you by chance have any pics? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
mkell said:
What are your guys' thoughts on a different set of wheels on each side? I think it might be kind of neat, but I don't know if you could do that with these two wheels.
That is a show car trait and should be left to the show cars. I personally think its one of the ugliest trends I have seen at the latest SEMA shows. It detracts from an overall feel for a car, and gives it a real dorky feel. Would you wear two pairs of different socks to be different?

The only reason I can see anyone wanting such a thing on their car is to display 2 different sets of wheels for promotional purposes. Whats the point on the street?

I will be using it as a dialy drive so I don't want to have to cut corners on my driveway or worry about things like that.
Putting 22"s on your car will make you have to drive it differently. You have to watch potholes, curbs, speedbumps, and various other roadhazards you may not normally pay as much attention to. If you don't want to alter your driving style, go with a 20".

Only a few people have had a chance to test 22" Wheels with the Eibach kit, and from what I have read, every single person is rubbing at some point. 4 Passengers, golf bags etc. I myself am waiting on further feedback.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As for hazards with daily driving, I take my driving to extreme caustion with any car that I drive because I don't like to beat them up. As for the wheels, I think I am pretty much set on 22" Gianelle V5 when they come out for '05. I will have to see what the custom shop near me has to say about the springs...they did Chingy's 300 that was at SEMA along with a few others, so I am hoping that they will have some answers. Now, the question is if I should get black or silver...or maybe a custom color? Thanks again for the help!

-Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts