Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a silver 300 Limited. Did not want to pay heavy premium for a HEMI, not to mention that the car will be used primarily as a commuter vehicle.

I had been checking out this forum and I picked out my options as follows:
26K convinience package with heated seats and adjustable pedals.
sunroof
Navigation
Rear distronic
HID
Claifonia walnut package

I am very happy with the car, but I am already looking for upgrades (grille, possibly chrome A/B pillars and wood trim pieces for the interior)

I am hoping that reading through this forum would help answering some of my ongoing questions. You guys seem like a good bunch, so I hope to stick around.

BTW- 3.5L Enginge does the job just fine.. albeit the HEMI is a beast, but I already have a couple of super-beasts in the stable.

Pictures will follow detailing today!

-Paul

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome!!!

slk,

welcome to the forum. As you will find, I am sure that most if not all of your questions will be answered by the very knowledgeable members.

Enjoy the 300!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am sure I will. I already ordered the wood dash kit based on the sticky in the "appearance" cat. forum.

Now on to try to figure out the NAV system. any tips?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The Nav is simple.

Depending on what your prefs. are. My suggestion is to 'play' with it. When I got mine I spent 30 mins. without the manual and had figured most of it out. Once I used the manual everything else went quiclky.

Also use the NAV thread I, learned alot from the post there.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Welcome, this is a great group of nuts,the Nav is very user friendly, I bought mine from a forum member and did the install myself. I do not have a manual (too cheap to pay $5.00 shipping for a $3.00 manual) and I have it working beautifully.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Congrats & welcome slk, I assure you you'll find this forum filled not only with the info you seek, but camaraderie as well. Don't forget those pics!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just when I started to figure NAV out I got a call from my salesperson telling me he will trade the car for a "C" that just came in to his dealership today (I assume because he knew that I really wanted the HEMI and they didn't have any at the time).

Same pacage, with NAV, same color combo, same price. He really surprised me and I think I am going to go ahead and get the HEMI, especially for the same price!

Be back soon, with pics!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
slk320 said:
Just when I started to figure NAV out I got a call from my salesperson telling me he will trade the car for a "C" that just came in to his dealership today (I assume because he knew that I really wanted the HEMI and they didn't have any at the time).

Same pacage, with NAV, same color combo, same price. He really surprised me and I think I am going to go ahead and get the HEMI, especially for the same price!

Be back soon, with pics!
Welcome slk320.

Go for the C. :D Grab it before someone else does. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
901 Posts
W.e.l.c.o.m.e.

SLK320, A Hearty Welcome to the 300/300C Family! And congrats on the great steal on the HEMI!!!!!!!!! :) Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
631 Posts
did you get the Hemi?

slk320 said:

Be back soon, with pics!
slk- Did you get the hemi? I would jump on the offer if I were you. Of course you did say that you have other performance vehicles so it might not be enticing to do so. I'm sure if you test drive the hemi then you'll make the swap. Let us know how it turns out!

john

1 - 10 of 10 Posts