Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that an intermittent fault on any car is the hardest to diagnose, as the fault will only show up when you are not talking to your mechanic or you leave your car with him for diagnosis.

( A faulty ECU on an almost VW Sharan MPV of mine took several roadside breakdowns ( plus attendance from VW mobile service) and visits to most of the VW garages in my area when the power was lost completely on impossible to anticipate occasions. Not recommended in the outside lane of Motorways!}

Here on my 300C, luckily I never lose power completely, but the problem starts with vibration feeding through to the steering wheel, at under 30 mph - as if the wheels are out of balance - but then the problem sometimes rights itself and then starts again randomly - I cannot discern any pattern..

But the engine always starts first time even if you switch off on a traffic-clogged M'way for instanvce.

Thoughts are - water in fuel:, ECU problem, injector problem - perhaps just one? like misfiring on a petrol car......... or some other electrical.fault?

John

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,500 Posts
Have you had a decent code reader plugged into the car to see what codes are being thrown?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for suggestion. and very fast response too.

With my VW Sharon petrol version (with the different inntermittent fault) 4 VW garages and at least 3 VW mobile mechaics each plugged in their VW code reader which did not diagnose the fault - I guess the fault was not present or righted itself while waiting for rescue, but perhaps I should not be too influenced by that poor experiece which was - in fairness - some years ago too.

So many thanks, I will follow that up. John

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,500 Posts
If you don't have a code reader you can try the Keydance (Link) though that doesn't give you as wide a range of codes as a good code reader

In the meantime three questions:
1. Any fault lights appearing on the dashboard
2. Any spell of diesel? The fuel lines that are routed from down the side of the engine (front left) to the fuel filter (in the Vee of the engine) rot
3. Have you checked the wiring across the top of the engine? Have a read here: Link

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for these tips which I will follow up to see what I can find.

Back in 2014, C0 302 " TP Sensor" problem showed up at a Chrysler Dealer when the engine fault light came on .....but until last year - 6 years later- there was no running problem,.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts