Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys here me out and tell me what you think....... so everyone loves the fact of demolding right??? but what about the people that are nervous because if they take it off they are goign to get more dings or what not.....but what about if you could have the best of both worlds? what would you guys think about having molding right in your trunk with a magnetic backing as opposed too the 3m tape you can leave it in your trunk and if you decide to go shopping or xmas shopping where you know its going to be busy you take it out and stick it on???? and the best part is alot of people report of getting dings higher above the door molding because everyone now has suvs so you can place them at wahever height you feel comfortable with???

its just an idea guys and i value everyones opinion on this forum so im wondering what you guys would think about that thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very clever idea...and I am sure some people would be disciplined enough to use it, but I would never have it when I needed it or would forget to put it on one time and then bam. I imagine it would be difficult to get it to look straight but I guess looks arent really the point.

Im curious to see what others opinions are here. Great intuitive thinking either way. These are the kind of ideas that pop up and make millions.

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I like the idea and would work as a one off but if it became a common product then its too expensive for something that anyone can just pull off your car.

thieves ruin everything

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am one of the few that thinks the molding looks good. But to be honest they dont really help with dings. I got side moldings and I got dings too.
Great idea though. It would look than having some big piece of plastic or whatever it is sticking on the door!

·
Registered
435 Posts
The wifes car, :261:?! Hey, I'm not a wife yet, but if I ever get to be, my hubby's not touching my car to go to ding central... :kabong:
screw that, he can take his own POS.

Then again I'll probably end up with someone who is as bad a gear head as I am and his car might be almost as nice as mine, LOL.
Can't help it, I luv that rumble and smooth finish.., on a car, LOL.
WTH, on a man too, but that's another story... My car still ain't getting dinged...

wife's car.... what ever! LOL...

·
Registered
152 Posts
jcranston your the man!!!! ALWAYS yes ALWAYS take the wifes car(Lexus IS250) Its had more HITS than THE BEATLES anyway. Sorry T8STY-1 but its so true.:twak: :jester: :wink1:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but what im saying is the actual molding that comes on our car with a safe magnet that would scratch something like the magnets that go on the frig you know???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts