Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Has anyone needed to get a new key made for their 300c? I only ask because I kinda lost one of my two keys... over the weekend... in a lake... Ugh. Don't ask.

I kinda just wanted to know the ballpark price and if it's easy.

Thanks as always guys!
ShamVT

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Here is a thread, but probably the best thing to do is call your service dept. and ask them as well:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/buy-sell/4240-price-new-key.html

Not a lot on this and as you can see that thread was left hanging. Please be sure and come back and let us know how things worked out, including parts #'s and prices, if you would.

Good luck!
The lake huh? The one that got away...
You'll have to share that one with us some day :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEMEEE said:
Here is a thread, but probably the best thing to do is call your service dept. and ask them as well:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/buy-sell/4240-price-new-key.html

Not a lot on this and as you can see that thread was left hanging. Please be sure and come back and let us know how things worked out, including parts #'s and prices, if you would.

Good luck!
The lake huh? The one that got away...
You'll have to share that one with us some day :)
Thanks for the push in the right direction. I should have searched first D'oh! As for the one that got away... let's just say that bad boy isn't coming back anytime soon :) *Bookbag slipped off a rail into what I assumed was shallow water. Man did that bag sink fast. Better the key than the car ;)

ShamVT

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
toothdoc said:
like the porsche in Risky Business movie with tom cruise :stups:

Hahahahahaha. So true. It was surreal. It was in slow motion as it slid down and I watched it go. By the time I got to it the bag was semi-floating with my one set of keys, an ipod nano and 2 of my textbooks. You live you learn. But I'll tell you that my mind was occupied with the sexy chick I was with. So maybe you guys can forgive me. Which makes me really want to ask a question here that might be frowned upon... but... ummmm... anyone ever enjoy the company of your woman in/around their 300c? The realized how much I love the hood of that car ;)
ShamVT

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Well, since this thread is about replacing a lost key, and that topic would require a new thread in Off-Topic and with an "NWS" rating, I'll just go ahead and tell you your instincts were correct before this thread goes :Flush:

Besides, we really are counting on you to let us know how you resolve your problem... the one with the key that is! :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HEMEEE said:
Well, since this thread is about replacing a lost key, and that topic would require a new thread in Off-Topic and with an "NWS" rating, I'll just go ahead and tell you your instincts were correct before this thread goes :Flush:

Besides, we really are counting on you to let us know how you resolve your problem... the one with the key that is! :wink:
Yeah I know. I was just having some fun :p I ordered a new key off ebay not 10 minutes ago for $59. Not too shabby. Also picked up another replacement key that doesn't have the buttons, but does contain the rfid chip. Hope I can turn that into the infamous valet key :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
You do know you'll have to visit your dealer to get those programmed, correct?
And its best to call ahead, since they'll have to call in for your cars PIN, I believe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
glhs837 said:
You do know you'll have to visit your dealer to get those programmed, correct?
And its best to call ahead, since they'll have to call in for your cars PIN, I believe.
Yeah I knew that sadly. Now if I were to have both keys, I could program the new one... thus buying the new one was useless... until I sank another one :)
ShamVT

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have you checked out Ebay? It seems someone is always selling this type of key on there. Much cheaper than buying from the dealership!

·
Registered
563 Posts
It shouldnt. That key is useless unless you have either both stock keys, or a Starscan and the vehicles PIN, which you have to call DCX to get. If the car does not recognixe the new key, the car will only run for 3 seconds, then shut down. After three such attempts, it lock out so that you need the Starscan to make it work even with the good keys.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Tomorrow I am picking up a new key from the dealer I will let you what it cost. I do know they charge $29.00 bucks to program it. The retainer that holds the battery in came off so they have to replace it under warranty.:)

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
ShamVT said:
Hahahahahaha. So true. It was surreal. It was in slow motion as it slid down and I watched it go. By the time I got to it the bag was semi-floating with my one set of keys, an ipod nano and 2 of my textbooks. You live you learn. But I'll tell you that my mind was occupied with the sexy chick I was with. So maybe you guys can forgive me. Which makes me really want to ask a question here that might be frowned upon... but... ummmm... anyone ever enjoy the company of your woman in/around their 300c? The realized how much I love the hood of that car ;)
ShamVT

To answer your question about the monkey business, on the hood. FYI, just to let you know before you go trying it in real time, the hood is Aluminum,lol.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
:) Thanks moddog, would really like to see a "key" thread pay all the way out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts