Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did tell you that our day would be photographed by a very dedicated amateur photographer. So here is the results of her work which she sent down to me last night ready for me to spend today putting up on a website for your pleasure. There are around 100 photographs showing our cars, the people who own and drive them, their wifes and girlfriends (the WAGS dare I say), other family members and friends. The album also has photographs of the meal in the hotel and various shots in and around New Lanark. To save you wondering - I am the large guy in the red polo shirt with the stick. :)

So click on Chrysler 300C at New Lanark : Gallery to view the album. Once we have settled down a bit it is my intention to sort out a date for next year and then start thinking of a venue - we are never going to field vast numbers of cars so we need to sort out a suitable spot for our meeting - but New Lanark will be in the short listing, that's for sure.
Cheers John

·
Registered
11 Posts
how about choosing a venue right in the middle, cant go wrong, in return everyone gets a nice drive without being too expensive

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
how about choosing a venue right in the middle, cant go wrong, in return everyone gets a nice drive without being too expensive
Good Idea(only cos I'm in the middle.lol)

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah - but it all depends on how you calculate the middle - by land mass the Lake District is about the middle and by population it would be somewhat slightly further south probably around Manchester. The reality is that you will never please everyone - and if it did end up on your doorstep that probably wouldn't suit either as then you would be deprived of the drive that everyone else got. It is probably best left to develop as a number of relatively small events in various parts of the country with people from any part of the UK going along if they are able and/or fancy it. So far we have two promising events suggested in Hampshire and at Silverstone - I don't see a problem with it at all. Anyway, a huge event will only lead to confusion - I am still trying to relate "handles" to names, to cars and that was only across 9 vehicles. There is also a limit to how much you can do without any form of funding and as we are not and never will be a club the raising of finance is not practical. Give it time to develop.
Cheers John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts