Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flippin thru my new issue of Motortrend today (compliments of Geico!) and saw that they were comparing the Jag XF, BMW 550i, M-B E550, and Lexus GS500. These were all $60k+ sedans so it didnt really cause me much interest....til i saw their 0-60 times. The Jag, BMW, and M-B all hit 0-60 just about as fast as us! 4.8-4.9 seconds. The Jag is supercharged yes, but the other 2 are not. These are not even their tuned AMG/M/R versions, these are just the high end standard cars.

Now given, most of the time there will be no concern, as the 60 year old woman leasing this 550i isnt going to pay us any mind. but i dont want any of our muscle sedans to get embarassed at the light by some doctor in his E550!

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Everything is evolving at an amazing rate - no?

Get yourself a Predator and tune and the low 13 second 1/4 mile cars are no longer a concern:biggrin:

Eric

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything is evolving at an amazing rate - no?

Get yourself a Predator and tune and the low 13 second 1/4 mile cars are no longer a concern:biggrin:

Eric
i have the predator, just havent got the tune yet.

but yeah, it is interesting at how things are coming along. sub 5 second 0-60 times were reserved for Ferarris and such not too long ago, and now 4000 lbs family sedans are hitting them without blinking.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
i have the predator, just havent got the tune yet.

but yeah, it is interesting at how things are coming along. sub 5 second 0-60 times were reserved for Ferarris and such not too long ago, and now 4000 lbs family sedans are hitting them without blinking.
There really aren't very many large sedans running 0-60 in under 5 seconds. It's still a very exclusive club....and a club that won't be around much longer. The cars mentioned above are all mid-sized cars, not large....and yet there aren't many of them that are sub 5's either. Even the new G8 is only a mid-sized car. In fact, I think that the 300/Charger/Magnum SRT's are the only large/full sized cars that do it at this time....other than maybe the $100k+ full sized S63 AMG, which is still smaller than our cars. In a few years, 400+ hp sedans will be a thing of the past with the new strict CAFE standards coming to light. Enjoy it while you can. :fing02:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think that the 300/Charger/Magnum SRT's are the only large/full sized cars that do it at this time....
Obviously they are more money, but I would consider the STS-V a full size car.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Not

Obviously they are more money, but I would consider the STS-V a full size car.
STS-V is a dead heat with a stock SRT8, drivers race. Both myself and another forum member who owns both have tested this!

Actually, at over 120 or so my car was starting a slow pull.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Dying breed

There really aren't very many large sedans running 0-60 in under 5 seconds. It's still a very exclusive club....and a club that won't be around much longer.
God how I agree with this post- these are the last of a dying breed... my next car is the Z28, 2010... 480-500 SC horses there.... that will surely be it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts