Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all I bought a new 300c & the pic shows how mad I am.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
man that's movin'! Obviously no governor.......what does that convert to in mph?

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
That's about 155 MPH. Definately a madman, you weren't even wearing your seatbelt.:eek:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way guys What's a governor & I love driving fast.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys I also wanna ask about some accessories I wanna add to my beast the Heavy mesh grill ,the sports vent , the rear spoiler , the chrome parts for the windows & the full wooden interior would they make it more aggressive & where would I get good prices for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks allot and could you post some interior pic's of your car.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Makes sense to me.

jamoleh said:
Hey all I bought a new 300c & the pic shows how mad I am.
What?
That's pretty normal for Germany, eh. :p
GIves new meaning to the term, "stay right, except to pass".
At least here in the States it would.
When it come to the rules governing driving and licensing, I'm afraid we're just "teenagers." Maybe, just maybe, we'll learn to wield power & responsiblity more effectively - say in about 50 years.
Can't wait! :(

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Welcome Jamoleh, to quote Gene Wilder riding the bull in Stir Crazy, "I only have one speed, balls out". How stable was it at that speed? That red light on the dash would'nt happen to be an oil pressure light would it? :eek:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Maybe taking a picture of your speedometer at 155mph puts you in the realm of a madman :D But going 155mph is a no brainer if you got the horsepower.
Why get a V8 if you don't plan on testing its limits. My guess is the red light is the flash from the camera?

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
joey said:
My guess is the red light is the flash from the camera?
As I already pointed out - no seatbelt - that's the red light...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Lights out?

JonW said:
As I already pointed out - no seatbelt - that's the red light...
Darwinism inaction? (Just missing the Jato rocket) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
901 Posts
jamoleh said:
hey guys I also wanna ask about some accessories I wanna add to my beast the Heavy mesh grill ,the sports vent , the rear spoiler , the chrome parts for the windows & the full wooden interior would they make it more aggressive & where would I get good prices for them.
Hi there J and welcome,
I purchased my Mesh Grill from W/Center bar, B-pillars chrome parts for windows from Chris over @ aidi/egclassics and my wood dash kit from Noel @ woodtrimwarehouse. I must say I'm pleased with all the extras no problems here. Both including Free Shipping. Hope this helps! :) Don't forget about us Gals :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Angi for all the info. but I already ordered them from wckyoff-mopar-parts and I got a good price coz they are gonna ship them to the United Arab Emirates

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Just curious Jamoleh, that 05 Lumina with the 5.7 V8 is not available in the states. Is this a Euro model with a RWD based on the Holden Manaro/GTO? Our Lumina is a FWD grocery getter with a transverse V6 but no V8. Our Malibu is a far better car but still no 5.7L. In fact, the Lumina is no longer available here, it's the Impala or Malibu.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
II kings 9:20 said:
Just curious Jamoleh, that 05 Lumina with the 5.7 V8 is not available in the states. Is this a Euro model with a RWD based on the Holden Manaro/GTO? Our Lumina is a FWD grocery getter with a transverse V6 but no V8. Our Malibu is a far better car but still no 5.7L. In fact, the Lumina is no longer available here, it's the Impala or Malibu.
The Chevy Lumina SS V8 5.7L is the Holden Commodore SS the Holden is the Australian Version (which by the way is the Original coz they make them there) with the right hand side steerring wheel & what they did they took it made it a lefty and put chevy tags on it and sent it to the middle east & by the way we only get it in Automatic gear here but in Australia they have it in manual which is more fun.
About the Monaro we get it here as a Chevy Lumina SS coupe and it also comes with the same V8 engine but also an automatic gear which is good but I would prefer the manual.
You can check for more info about those cars:
www.holden.com.au/www-holden/

http://www.chevroletarabia.com/content_data/LAAM/AE/en/GBPAE/chevrolet/models/lumina/lumina_sedan_ss.htm

http://www.chevroletarabia.com/content_data/LAAM/AE/en/GBPAE/chevrolet/models/lumina_coupe/lumina_overview.htm

·
Registered
901 Posts
jamoleh said:
Thanks Angi for all the info. but I already ordered them from wckyoff-mopar-parts and I got a good price coz they are gonna ship them to the United Arab Emirates
Very good, I can't wait to see some pics. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Angi300C said:
Very good, I can't wait to see some pics. :)
I am still waiting for them and I feel that a day is like a year for me but what to do they told me that the parts would be here in about three weeks.I also am thinking of buying the smoked tail lights but I searched & I couldn't find any so I am still wondering where to get them from + I am thinking of putting the GPS in it coz our full option 300C comes without a GPS coz the dealer wont order it so I have to get it from the U.S. so if anyone knows what parts are needed please tell me & which maps are compatible with it.
Any way still waiting and when I install the parts I am definitly gonna post some pics

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Re: GPS

jamoleh said:
.... I am thinking of putting the GPS in it coz our full option 300C comes without a GPS coz the dealer wont order it so I have to get it from the U.S. so if anyone knows what parts are needed please tell me & which maps are compatible with it.
Any way still waiting and when I install the parts I am definitly gonna post some pics
jamoleh, I believe the software for the OEM 300 NAV/GPS system is based on continental U.S. mapping and won't function elsewhere, which may explain why the dealer wouldn't order it for you.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HEMEEE said:
jamoleh, I believe the software for the OEM 300 NAV/GPS system is based on continental U.S. mapping and won't function elsewhere, which may explain why the dealer wouldn't order it for you.
But here we have some companies that provide software,Like Garmin,Mercedes benz (thier own software which till now only works with thier cars but might work on chrysler but nobody tried it), BMW (thier own software only for thier cars), and some new companies which operates on PDA's. So it is confusing a bit if somebody would tell me what is capatible with the Chrysler's OEM 300 GPS I would be greatfull.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts