Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Thought as I have had a 300c for about six months I would join here.

My first problem is a big one...! The other night my diesel was low on my 300 CRD 06 plate. On route to the garage it cut out and the engine management light came on with the ETC light. The engine cut out and I coasted to the side of the road. I went ot the garage and got more fuel thinking that it had run out of diesel. I put the disel in and it got me home although when I tried to put my foot down it juddered and ran rough. Started first time.

The other night (the day after) it was driving fine and it did the same except it wont start at all now. I had to get towed by my brother's Mondeo (embarrassing) and its sitting on my drive until the garage opens on Monday (tomorrow). What on earth is wrong with it?

It saying its got over 100 miles until empty and its showing a quarter of a tank yet the ETC light is constantly flashing and the engine management light is constantly on. Its still got six months on the warranty but I bought it from Johnsons Toyota in Southport, UK and I no for a fact they aren't going to have a clue...! I've resided myself to being weeks without the car which is a real problem as riding five miles home on your bike at 5am, after a ten hour shift is hell...!

Anybody have any ideas to save my poor little legs?

I was hoping one of you would know so I could suggest things to them from the site which may speed them up a bit. It has been in once or twice and it takes them ages to get their heads round the car...! Wish I'd bought one from the dealer!

Please Help...! :-(

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and sorry for the spelling mistakes, I am poor at that too...!

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
Welcome

click here :- http://www.300cforums.com/forums/eu...-models/91913-aaaagghhhhhhhh.html#post1032400

look on the Euro / UK section...check the 'new buyer' thread.... my guess is that you've had a swirl motor failure. Theres loads of threads on this. You need to get it repaired, then make sure it has a new air intake pipe with a black main seal ( not orange) and a catch can, to prevent it reoccurring. Theres a current thread going on UK/Euro regarding a chap trying to fix his own (see Arrrrgggghhh! above). A short cut fix takes about 1-2 hours. A fix as performed at Chrysler dealers takes up to 5 hours & will cost several hundred. You need to to lots of reading!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still in crisis

Thanks very much.

Had a read of that. Sounds like a big job. Do you think that this kind of thing would be covered under the warranty that they gave me? Its only six months into it with 78k on the clock. I'm not mechanical in the slightest. Really good at driving them but haven't a clue when it comes to engines...! :-(

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
its acutally only unbolting a small electrical motor, unclipping the plastic arms, & replacing it with a new motor. Dead easy...its accessing it thats a menace. You paid for a warranty - its broken - whinge! All the info on the job is on this forum - let them get on with it!

please update your profile with your location - it helps if we're to aim you at helping hands. Also that your car is a CRD - on this forum a 300C usually = a 5.7 Litre petrol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts