Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up bad ass 300C owners? I'm the proud new owner of a 2006 300C SRT8 in Bright Silver Metallic. I've had it for almost a month and I absolutely love it. I have owned many go fast cars and trucks over the years but this one is very special.

I was in the market for an 06 Cadillac CTS-V but I declined for two reasons. One, I am 6'6" and weigh 250. The legroom in that damn Caddy was pathetic. Two, the 5 speed auto is a must in Houston traffic.

I'm pretty sure my car is fairly rare since it has absolutely no other options besides the SRT8 package. In fact, I know this sounds crazy, but I wanted it that way. I have no need for GPS and I've never liked sun roofs so these were no brainers. I had a buddy at a Chrysler dealership do a locate for me and I found two with 1,000 miles of Houston. One in Lewisville, Texas, which I bought and the other in Las Cruces, New Mexico but it had the 13 speaker Kicker system.

The Las Cruces dealership would not deal. Huffines gave me $1,000 off MSRP so I bought the car sight unseen. I paid $530 to have the car trailered to Houston and I've been in love ever since.

I'm looking forward to being part of the community here. I participate on many car related boards specific to my interests. I've previously owned a 13 second 74 Super Beetle, a bad ass stroker 383 1979 Camaro, a 1969 Nova with a street/strip tuned Olds 455HO, a stroker 383 1981 Monte Carlo, an SCCA tuned 1984 Mazda RX7 GS, a 1999 30th Anniversary Trans-Am, a 1971 2wd Chevy Blazer, and a numbers matching, completely original 2 owner 1972 Chevy Cheyenne 402 BB.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
Humongo said:
What up bad ass 300C owners? I'm the proud new owner of a 2006 300C SRT8 in Bright Silver Metallic. I've had it for almost a month and I absolutely love it. I have owned many go fast cars and trucks over the years but this one is very special.

I was in the market for an 06 Cadillac CTS-V but I declined for two reasons. One, I am 6'6" and weigh 250. The legroom in that damn Caddy was pathetic. Two, the 5 speed auto is a must in Houston traffic.

I'm pretty sure my car is fairly rare since it has absolutely no other options besides the SRT8 package. In fact, I know this sounds crazy, but I wanted it that way. I have no need for GPS and I've never liked sun roofs so these were no brainers. I had a buddy at a Chrysler dealership do a locate for me and I found two with 1,000 miles of Houston. One in Lewisville, Texas, which I bought and the other in Las Cruces, New Mexico but it had the 13 speaker Kicker system.

The Las Cruces dealership would not deal. Huffines gave me $1,000 off MSRP so I bought the car sight unseen. I paid $530 to have the car trailered to Houston and I've been in love ever since.

I'm looking forward to being part of the community here. I participate on many car related boards specific to my interests. I've previously owned a 13 second 74 Super Beetle, a bad ass stroker 383 1979 Camaro, a 1969 Nova with a street/strip tuned Olds 455HO, a stroker 383 1981 Monte Carlo, an SCCA tuned 1984 Mazda RX7 GS, a 1999 30th Anniversary Trans-Am, a 1971 2wd Chevy Blazer, and a numbers matching, completely original 2 owner 1972 Chevy Cheyenne 402 BB.
You are in good company my friend. Welcome to the 300 C Forums. Welcome from another Houston member. We are few and far between here in Houston. Anything you need, hit me up, I will be glad to help you out my local amigo. Bo'sRT, on the 3Cforums is also from Houston. He and I used to be in the HAIL club for the 1994-96 Impala SS (Houston Area Impala Lovers). Bo has a MSRT (Magnum). Not many SRT's in Houston, I am starting to see a few here and there. I roll in a Silver Steel Metallic 3CSRT, Bo is in a Black MSRT. I am near the Galleria and Bo on the N. side. You probably haven't seen mine on the road lately, it has been a little hard to drive in this condition,lol.



This is my sled.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,177 Posts
Welcome to another Texan forum member! Thanks for sharing the story regarding your SRT-8. After 18 months of ownership, I still have friends telling me how much they like my new Caddie!

bruno
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,572 Posts
Humongo said:
What up bad ass 300C owners? I'm the proud new owner of a 2006 300C SRT8 in Bright Silver Metallic. I've had it for almost a month and I absolutely love it. I have owned many go fast cars and trucks over the years but this one is very special.

I was in the market for an 06 Cadillac CTS-V but I declined for two reasons. One, I am 6'6" and weigh 250. The legroom in that damn Caddy was pathetic. Two, the 5 speed auto is a must in Houston traffic.

I'm pretty sure my car is fairly rare since it has absolutely no other options besides the SRT8 package. In fact, I know this sounds crazy, but I wanted it that way. I have no need for GPS and I've never liked sun roofs so these were no brainers. I had a buddy at a Chrysler dealership do a locate for me and I found two with 1,000 miles of Houston. One in Lewisville, Texas, which I bought and the other in Las Cruces, New Mexico but it had the 13 speaker Kicker system.

The Las Cruces dealership would not deal. Huffines gave me $1,000 off MSRP so I bought the car sight unseen. I paid $530 to have the car trailered to Houston and I've been in love ever since.

I'm looking forward to being part of the community here. I participate on many car related boards specific to my interests. I've previously owned a 13 second 74 Super Beetle, a bad ass stroker 383 1979 Camaro, a 1969 Nova with a street/strip tuned Olds 455HO, a stroker 383 1981 Monte Carlo, an SCCA tuned 1984 Mazda RX7 GS, a 1999 30th Anniversary Trans-Am, a 1971 2wd Chevy Blazer, and a numbers matching, completely original 2 owner 1972 Chevy Cheyenne 402 BB.
Welcome Humongo! There is at least one other here that has no options at all, but I can't remember who it is. He wanted it that way for the same reason as you. I see FreebirdSRT has even less than no options going on from his pics. :wtf:

Rambit
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,470 Posts
Welcome from our plain-jane 300C in WV!

Got to wonder what FreebirdSRT is up to with that dash!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
Rambit said:
Welcome Humongo! There is at least one other here that has no options at all, but I can't remember who it is. He wanted it that way for the same reason as you. I see FreebirdSRT has even less than no options going on from his pics. :wtf:

Rambit
Come on now Rambit, you know that the other one who wanted it the same way as Humongo was FreebirdSRT (me),lol. I just wanted the SRT, no frills, more for the driving experience. Plus I am not as tall as Humongo, but I am 6'4" 250lb, can't have a sunroof. Seems both of us Houston, no option wanting, SRT owners haven't missed a meal in a long time, lol. They grow them BIG in Texas. Actually it is from all of the Oil we drink instead of the water, sshhhhh, it's an old Texas secret. We drink all we can, sell all the rest,lol.

I alway remove my door molding, de-badge my cars, etc. when I first pick them up. I feel they hurt the lines of the car. IMHO, it cleans up the door area and makes it more streamline.

As far as what is ole' FreebirdSRT up to with the gauge cluster and sterring wheel. Just poking around, seeing how things work, etc. Stay tuned, this Bird might be up to a few tricks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
GoofyTimL said:
Welcome from our plain-jane 300C in WV!

Got to wonder what FreebirdSRT is up to with that dash!
MMMMMMMM I wonder,lol. Just poking around seeing what is what, etc. If I can add my PIAA HID driving light switch, on the plastic piece, that sits just below the gauge cluster that drapes on each side of the steering column. Stay tuned though, you never know what I might come up with. I have the boys at NASA working 24/7. I have them locked away in a secret hideout, were they can't be bothered,lol.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Welcome Humongo...
Between you and Freebird, man they really do grow 'em BIG down there in Texas!!

Have fun in the forums! :01:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Humongo,

Welcome to the group. There are a few of us here in Houston... maybe we can all find time to schedule lunch or dinner sometime. Congrats on the new ride.....

--Bo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome. I'll be keeping my eye out for invites and announcements to get together and what not.

Until then I'll just continue to educate the people in my little corner of the world to not mess with these cars.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top