Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(((Changed Mind so dont bother reading please))))

hey ,im new here .just put a deposit on a 300 srt 2014 ,its white im getting the mags black chrome .more to the point i was hoping someone could tell me if the 8 speed will go in it like the harness setup etc.. this one will have the 5 speed or if it would even be worth doing ,i cant wait till late next year for the 8 speed srt to come out my wife would have spent all the cash by then haha.im finally getting rid of my GT ford boss 290 (blood orange)for a real car.(although it was fun to drive but always seemed to be a little gutless at take off) i have driven Chrysler's most of my life and mid life crisis made me buy a ford lol only because i was 20k short of the 300c back then 6 years ago but gladly am waiting on this 1st big block , usually i drove 360 small blocks in a 1973 Chrysler by Chrysler or a 1977 CL X police cars back in the day.and have a 77" CL charger 318 still in the shed being slowly worked on and also restoring the Chrysler by Chrysler (these are all in Australia BTW)so i hope i can get some feed back on the transmission ,but i am sure it wont disappoint me as the car is, i was also told 3,000 KM to run her in she has only done 50km so far. cant wait to finish running in then hear the great noise and feel the awesome grunt, also nice to meet you all and have a great day /week.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Hi Scritz mods may move this to the introductions by new folks section shortly.
You may hold the record now for bringing a 10 year old thread back from the dead!! :D
Anywho congrats on your new purchase and the 5 speed, while "antiquated" will be just fine. I cant answer your question, but i can offer a guess that it would be a royal pain in the a$$ if possible at all, and then there is your warranty too.

Reactions: Scritz

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey, yeah i seen the dead thread and thought see if anything happens :) , im sure all will be good with the 5 speed ,i haven't read anything bad about them yet .cheers for the response.
Michael. aka Scritz
also when my warranty runs out i will be looking for a supercharger or similar so much has happened since the ol carby i would love to get close as i can to 10 seconds if this would even be possible without pulling the motor apart and adding in other better gear eg: cam, heads, diff ratio .anyway what would be good without having to pull a good engine apart for even low 11s im just excited and would love to know how far some other people have gone and achieved even if mine is right hand drive hehe. yeah i started to ramble on sorry :) have a good one !

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from Puerto Rico!!!:grouphug:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Scritz

You might want to hold on to the 5 speed Merc vs the ZF 8 Speed. Every vehicle I've owned (especially the BMW's) that had a ZF gearbox suffered MAJOR problems.

I'm pretty certain the 8 speed ZF is the same one that's used in the BMW E60 545/745/750 and have a look at what the owners of those cars have to say about the reliability of the ZF. ALL of the BMW's I've mentioned had to have their gearbox replaced within the first 60,000km not once but twice and still be exposed to future issues. The problem with those gearboxes is the each gear has an independent solenoid. The solenoids are located INSIDE a non serviceable part of the gearbox, separated from the oil by very thin and brittle plastic housing. Cos of replacement is $8000, near gearbox is $10,000 (here in Australia anyway).

It has come to a point (due to past experience) where I personally will not buy a vehicle if it comes with a ZF gearbox.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers i love the 5 spd now anway good gear ratio i think ..reminds me to get back on this forum i totaly forgot since i bought the car lol :) thank you for the reply.
Moepar

·
Registered
15 Posts
I traded my '13 SRT for a Hellcat in '15. Fellow that bought the '13 wanted more power. Took it to a performance shop in Toronto, they pulled the engine, replaced the pistons for lower compression, and bolted on a supercharger plus air/air intercooler. Dyno says 800+. He now passes hellcats on the track. All parts are holding up just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts