Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, sorry that my first post will be needing help. I also wasn't sure where to post this.

I'm looking at buying an 07 300c with roughly 125k miles on it. However, when I test drove it, it wouldn't go over 20 and the rpms did not increase roughly past 1.5 even manually shifting did not work. I pulled over, restarted the car, and it drove like a dream. No CELs were on, but that doesn't mean anything.

Any ideas? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have no idea why it wouldn't go over 20mph initially, but I would steer clear from a car like that. There's plenty of rides out there for purchase. I know it's exciting to sit in one and want to have it but relax and wait for a better car...IMHO.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Limp mode... probably has a code stored somewhere. Could be as simple as an over speed on a low gear shift and a quick redline hit or as complex as a bad speed solenoid on the valve body in the transmission. Now if its yours its fixable... if its a dealer car...walk away and find one without issues of I was you!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's a dealer car. My credit is terrible, so I'm lucky it's a car I am able to get. I'm having them diagnose it and they said they would repair it before selling it to me. I know the dealer and have family that works there. So I'm pretty comfortable with it getting fixed, just have no idea what it could be. My initial thoughts were o2 or the cat. I know the battery needs replaced, but I highly doubt that could be it unless it failed to boot something correctly. I've had newer jeeps with weird issues like that. But to have it run perfectly after a quick and simple slap into N/restart I'm really confused. I will see if i can get my hands on it to pull codes.

·
Registered
732 Posts
If your credit isn't good and you got financing at that place you can get it at another dealership! Don't rush to buy a car that's going to cost you more down the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only received on the lot financing due to a family member working there. Otherwise, I would be at another lot looking for another 300. Unfortunately, I've tried the other lots. I just have no credit, and the credit I do have isn't very good. There is a buy here pay here lot around, but I've heard nothing but horror stories and it's got a BBB rating to match. I'm really just trying to figure this thing out.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Dude, it doesn't matter if your family owns the dealership...They Are Not The Bank. I've been in your shoes...don't jump on a car that barely runs because you got financing! You will regret it later...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rog, I'll see what my other options are. 300's are rare around here. So hopefully one within my grasp shows up.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Like he said, dont let someone elses problem become yours. Unless you are willing to make it rain on that cars problem stay away. I recently just got screwed on my new 300C. Worst decision ever.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Problem is some fixes in our cars can look fine but rear there heads later if they are intermittent... if it's a 2k fix you'll wish you had been denied credit there as well... sounds to me like you want the car so bad your missing the larger picture, owning a nice car you thought you wouldn't be able to...great... owning a car you thought you'd never be able to that now sits like a piece of iron in your driveway... not so great... fixed isn't always fixed...good luck. IMO... walk away...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts