Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 300 but I am getting tired of the problems.

Took my car to dealer today cause car overheated. Engine light came on and a red light next to it. Dealer says they can't duplicate the problem and they tested the cooling systems and its intact with no leaks. I dont know if it is me but when steam is coming out of the radiator and the coolant is boiling in the coolant container there is a problem.

Also my car has pulled to the right since I bought it.I was originally told it was a problem with the Mercedes chasis and that they are waiting for Mercedes to fix the problem. I am on my second set of tires because of the pulling caused my tires to wear out early. I rotated the tires every 6,000 miles or erery other oil change. This is documented with the dealer. Chrysler said boo hoo to bad. And the tire manufacturer wouldn't warranty the item because even though I rotated the tires they said I did not get the problem fixed. Continetal tire company also informed me that they do not make the same tire that my car came with and that the replcement tires do not work with the wheels either. I had to buy new wheels and tires.

I now have 45,000 miles on the car I bought in 2/04. The dash came apart and took 3 months for a special clip to get sent. The molding on the driver side came off while I was on the freeway and was runover by a 18 wheeler. When I picked it up it was almost destroyed. Chrysler said molding is not covered on orignial warranty cause im over 36,000 and my extended "Chrysler" warranty does not cover molding. This is the 8" X 8' piece between the front and rear tire below the door.

When I pull up to a traffic light sometimes the car idles fast then goes back to normal when I start driving again. The dealer again cannot duplicate the problem.

My visor clips have broken 4 times and now I have to pay the $15.00 each time they break.

The a/c just doesnt cool sufficiently to me but the dealer says its within design limits.

The windows in the back sometimes decide not to work or will open by them selves when I drive but again dealer cannot duplicate.

Breaks make noise when stopping but dealer says they are fine.

Car would make a unusal humming when driving over 70MPH. Dealer cannot duplicate the noise. It was not the road and tires.

Love the car but right now wish I hadn't bought this one. Could I have one of those cars that people call "a lemon"?

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Welcome to the board, I moved your post and started a new thread in the Problems Forum for you. Your post in another members' thread would likely have not received the attention you are hoping for.

I'm sorry you're having so many problems... I've read of a few with numerous issues, but I think yours might take the cake. As a starting point, and so members can accurately assess your situation, would you please clarify whether you have the 300C model or the 300 Touring model? Once that is clear, I know the members here will have some offers of advice.

Best of luck...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry to hear about all your problems. I have not experienced any of those symptoms at all.

Is your car named Christine?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
With 45k miles, your existing problems are not going to go away by themselves. You have too many problems and your dealer doesn't seem to have the knowledge and/or will to fix your car. I would be looking to sell it if I were you. If it were one or two problems, then I would say keep trying to get them fixed. IMO, it just isn't worth the hassle and grief taking it to the dealer over and over with no resolution. Your experience is one that everyone hopes never to have.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Lemon, (knock on wood) man I'm sorry to here these stories you've had.
I would not have waited so long. Wish you luck.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I think a couple steps to try are:

1) Look over the thread on TSBs here. A few might apply to you (the right pull issue for example).

2) Take your car to a different dealer if another one is even semi-local. Ask to speak to the service manager and explain your problems / lack of service at the previous dealership. Most (not all) service managers are happy to work on cars ( = $$$ from Chrysler). Now, since you are past your factory warranty, be sure which problems would fall under the extended warranty and work on those.

As painful as it is, it's probably unlikely the car would qualify for a lemon. Most states have a time limit (ie - 1 yr / 12K miles) and with that mileage, it would be a tough, tough fight. Best bet is to try a different dealer first, and good luck to you. I feel your pain.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Every issue you have mentioned has occurred on 04 early builds. All have Technical Service Bulletins from DCX. Most issues are easily fixed by a competent dealer at no charge to the customer.

It might be a good idea to search for a different dealership with a good service department.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a 300c 2005 v6 and just droped it off at the dealership cause the needle went off the temp scale. The car overheated to the point that the fluid in the coolant container was boiling. The check engine and a red light next to it were both on. The dealer looked at it and ran the car for an hour and could not duplicate the problem. Chrysler told them it was a computer glitch since the thermostat is electronic. They did ask to keep the car so they can check it in the morning. I live in Texas and the temp was 68 dgrees outside and I was in no traffic.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I dreamed all this happened to my car too, but when I woke I realized It was only the spicy meatballs I ate last night.

Zilla

·
Registered
264 Posts
Didn't know they made a Chrysler 300C Touring with a V6. Maybe that's the problem, you just have to many major problems for it to be....... (i'll stop myself here!)

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Riddler said:
Didn't know they made a Chrysler 300C Touring with a V6. Maybe that's the problem, you just have to many major problems for it to be....... (i'll stop myself here!)
No, don't stop. I'm thinking what you're thinking.

Rambit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey all good news.....First I have a 300Touring Silver with the 3.5L 250 hp V6, RWD Automatic has everything but the NAV system. The dealer convinced Chrysler to fix the pulling to the right and they will pay for 4 wheel alignment. Hurray now I dont have to keep a death grip on the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
300C Touring bought 2/04 said:
hey all good news.....First I have a 300Touring Silver with the 3.5L 250 hp V6, RWD Automatic has everything but the NAV system. The dealer convinced Chrysler to fix the pulling to the right and they will pay for 4 wheel alignment. Hurray now I dont have to keep a death grip on the steering wheel.
Do you understand the sarcasm?

Your profile states a 'C' while there is no such thing (in US or Canada) as a C without a hemi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, I did try changing my profile but it just won't update. Anway Chrysler declined my warranty coverage on the 6" x 8' molding below the driver door. The Chrysler warranty was for 36,000 miles and I brought it in at 38,000. I should have asked the molding to fall off sooner. The 70,000 extended warranty doesn't even thouch this kind of parts...mainly engine and transmission. I plan to write a letter to the CEO with my problem. You never know!

·
Registered
264 Posts
:nono:

What about the problem you took the car to the dealer in the 1st place. Did that not get fixed?

-<Took my car to dealer today cause car overheated.>

And all your other problems....

-<The dash came apart.>

-<The molding on the driver side came off while I was on the freeway and was runover by a 18 wheeler. When I picked it up it was almost destroyed.> :bs2:

-<The car idles fast then goes back to normal when I start driving again.>

-<My visor clips have broken 4 times.>:33:

-<The a/c just doesnt cool sufficiently.>

-<The windows in the back sometimes decide not to work.>

-<Breaks make noise when stopping.>

-<Humming when driving over 70MPH.>

-<Hurray now I dont have to keep a death grip on the steering wheel.>:spam:

I've just seen these "types" of posts to many times on other forums (imports). Where the object is to scare people, instead of constructing an informative forum.
What do you really drive a Ford Fivehundred 2/06

RAMBIT, feel free to jump in anytime...:stups:

btw, does anyone know what the first build date was for the 300

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Worth a shot, but it'll take several letters and calls most likely. YEah, extendeds don't cover "vanity" parts like plastics, glass, paints, etc. They are pretty much mechanical only. Least you got somewhere, and every little bit helps!!

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
NDENT??? No one could possibly have EVERY problem that has ever been reported here, right down to the visor clips on one car. That car would be so rare, it would end up in a museum. :stups: DISCLAIMER: Welcome to the forums if you are legit.

Rambit:stups: TENTATIVE :bs2: as well

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is this movie number two :stups: :stups: :naughty: where is the popcorn

1 - 20 of 26 Posts