Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd better introduce myself to the other diesel heads on the forum.

Finally placed an order with GH of MK for a SRT-Design in brilliant black. Decided to trade in the E-Class for something with a little more road presence plus cost wise the equivalent spec MB would be over £10K more so the 300c just makes sense.

Delivery date has not been confirmed but I'm already looking at tuning boxes :biggrin:

Cheers
Allan

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hello again Allan,
I see we have more in common than I initially thought - I too traded in my E Class Merc (estate) for the Chrysler - and have no regrets having had mine for 8 months now. When I saw your name come up there I thought you had perhaps had a word with your wife but that can wait for later - I anwered your posting on the Newbies side. Enjoy being on here with the rest of the crowd.
Cheers John

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Welcome Allan!!! Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think you may be the first member with the UK version of a CRD SRT Design Group. Make sure to post pics when you get her.

Bernie

·
Registered
519 Posts
Welcome Allan. My CRD was in GH last week having its first service; how time flies!

Have GH managed to demonstrate the SRT-D to you? I don't think there has been an official launch date for the new 300C in the UK but BigIan managed to get some snaps of one in the GH compound last week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Allan. My CRD was in GH last week having its first service; how time flies!

Have GH managed to demonstrate the SRT-D to you? I don't think there has been an official launch date for the new 300C in the UK but BigIan managed to get some snaps of one in the GH compound last week.
I believe the SRT-D BigIan photographed was allocated to the MD for evaluation purposes with mine being their first official SRT-D order.

GH have a black CRD with the full startech kit sitting in the showroom which is the exact spec I was after but their advice was to go with the 2008 model with the updated interior and factory fitted styling package.

Cheers

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi Allen. I would get the car run-in before fiddling! I can honestly recommend taking it to Spain for the purpose, thats what I did! Into Paris with under 950 miles on the clock,over the Millau Viaduct into Spain, fill up with derv at 1Euro a litre, few beers & home! Oh and if you get the time, cruise round Narbonne in the middle of the night...... oh yeah!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome. I'm very new myself had my car less than a week. A few teething problems but so far the dealer has promised to sort everything out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update on delivery

Dealer phoned to say the vehicle will be arriving next week and all being well I should be driving it by next weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
That is excellent news - look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new car and seeing some photos - this will be our first UK SRT Design 300C (Unless someone out there knows different). Let us know when your delivery date is confirmed.
Have you spoken to your wife yet re the social calendar?
Cheers John

·
Registered
461 Posts
Welcome Allen,
It's nice to see another "local" 300C owner and a SRTD at that!:fing02:

Ian

·
Registered
519 Posts

Had a chat with Ashley at GH MK this morning. He has a new 300C and SRT-D in the compound so he's going to show me round on Saturday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why do I think you might well bump into Rgr in the morning.
Cheers John
Our office is located at Walton Hall which is only 2 miles from GH.

Overall impression was it looks perfect in black with the 20" multi spoke alloys and lowered (15mm) suspension. Just needs the windows tinting. Wasn't too keen on the alloys at first based on the photo's from the Chrysler site as the SRT-8 versions have a deeper dish with these having a shallower appearance. In reality they really suit the car and give it a menacing stance.

Collection is Thursday so I'll post pics then.

Cheers
Allan

·
Registered
266 Posts
...congratulations on the purchase... looking forward to seeing the pics, especially of the wheels and the interior ... plus what the new SatNav-player's like....cheers. John W

·
Registered
519 Posts
Our office is located at Walton Hall which is only 2 miles from GH.

Overall impression was it looks perfect in black with the 20" multi spoke alloys and lowered (15mm) suspension. Just needs the windows tinting. Wasn't too keen on the alloys at first based on the photo's from the Chrysler site as the SRT-8 versions have a deeper dish with these having a shallower appearance. In reality they really suit the car and give it a menacing stance.

Collection is Thursday so I'll post pics then.

Cheers
Allan
Are you at the OU?

I had a tour of a silver SRT-D which GH were prepping to be their demonstrator. GH were unable to give me much info on the spec; it didn't look like lowered suspension but be interested to see what you think. Against the new 300C (inside better than old 300C but externally it looks clumsy; those alloys look more like 17'') the SRT-D looks so much better; those alloys are great and the 'spats' look good too with the mesh grille. Enjoy!

·
Registered
519 Posts
............and GH had an 08 reg 300C in the compound; old spec and the wheels were already corroded!

They asked me whether I had experienced a ticking noise from my engine; apparently some cars have it. Is it an issue? Mine is a bit noisy whilst warming up but OK when warm.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Very Nice Indeed :fing02:

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
watch out for scraping your doors when you try and get out of your car in the garage.How on earth does it fit in that garage?.lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts