Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a shop make these pedal covers out of aluminum. They will repalce the rubber cover on the brake and screw directly over the other plastic ones. I think they will add a bit more sportiness to the car and compliments the brushed aluminum interior accents very nicely. As soon as I get them test fitted they will become available from the company. www.autovation.net

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
They do indeed add sportiness, but I strongly urge you to include some kind of 'non-skid' material around the edges of the pedals. My AE Maxima had metal pedals from the factory (including the clutch) and believe me, if there weren't some ridges of some kind, feet could slide all over metal when shoe soles get wet.

Just sharing my experience...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I agree with JJS, some companies put hash marks on the edges and lines or X cuts on the pedal otherwise these look slick and the fancy foot work won't be the good kind. They are slick (good looking) and I would be interested.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jjs said:
They do indeed add sportiness, but I strongly urge you to include some kind of 'non-skid' material around the edges of the pedals. My AE Maxima had metal pedals from the factory (including the clutch) and believe me, if there weren't some ridges of some kind, feet could slide all over metal when shoe soles get wet.

Just sharing my experience...

The edges are/should be raised, I had a set from autovation on my 300ZX and they are well designed/made. I have not seen these yet they are on the way, I will certainly comment as soon as I have them in hand.

·
Registered
121 Posts
my my - aspendog you just keep at it, don't you? ;)

Nice work, all that you've done has been quality work, no cheap looking things. May not be to my liking, but well done!

How about suede inserts for these slippery seats? :rolleyes: If only there was an "easy" way to do that. Hmmmm, super glue? :p :eek:

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[QUOTE="C"for me]my my - aspendog you just keep at it, don't you? ;)

Nice work, all that you've done has been quality work, no cheap looking things. May not be to my liking, but well done!

How about suede inserts for these slippery seats? :rolleyes: If only there was an "easy" way to do that. Hmmmm, super glue? :p :eek:[/QUOTE]

I am working on the seats now but there is no simple way to make the "inserts" (they are actually not just inserts) without taking apart the skin. I can offer them pre-cut/padded just need a nice wife to sew them up...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone looked into getting a set of covers from WetOkole or CatSkinz?
I noticed the seats were mentioned in this thread and my wife is looking into getting a cover for the rear seat for the kids.

-Bruce

1 - 11 of 11 Posts